+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Typical time after medical request

squgeim

Aug 18, 2018
Hello,

My wife applied for spousal open work permit from Nepal (processing in New Delhi) in September.

Sep 16 - Paper application with biometric from VFS
Sep 20 - Application received
Sep 27 - Linked paper application online
Nov 1 - Got medical request
Nov 7 - Medical approved
Nov 11 - Correspondence of biometrics

We have not had any updates since then. We sent a webform two weeks ago, but haven't heard back yet.

How long does it usually take after medical exam? Is this normal? Should we send another webform? We thought it would normally only take 1-2 days after correspondence of biometrics letter.

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
Hello,

My wife applied for spousal open work permit from Nepal (processing in New Delhi) in September.

Nov 7 - Medical approved

We have not had any updates since then. We sent a webform two weeks ago, but haven't heard back yet.

How long does it usually take after medical exam? Is this normal? Should we send another webform? We thought it would normally only take 1-2 days after correspondence of biometrics letter.
Are you kidding me ? I applied on September 17 did Biometric on 20 Sept. got MR on 15 nov. Medical passed 24 Nov. PPR Nov 25 and got stamped visa on Nov. 28.

Kohliabhi

May 17, 2018
Are you kidding me ? I applied on September 17 did Biometric on 20 Sept. got MR on 15 nov. Medical passed 24 Nov. PPR Nov 25 and got stamped visa on Nov. 28.
nearly 9 weeks for ur file process
i applied on 11 oct biometric on 14 oct
it means i should relax for a while for now

Aarushi31

Dec 3, 2019
Hi i just wanted to confirm did you receive the application no. From new delhi vfs on sept 27? As we’ve applied on 20nov and its been 13 days but we’ve not received any application no. Yet.
Hello,

Nov 7 - Medical approved

squgeim

Aug 18, 2018
Hi i just wanted to confirm did you receive the application no. From new delhi vfs on sept 27? As we’ve applied on 20nov and its been 13 days but we’ve not received any application no. Yet.
We found the application number after we linked the paper application online (sep 27). We did not receive any email about it. The first email we received was the medical request, which also has the application numbers.

Aarushi31

Dec 3, 2019
can you please help me how you could link the application without application or UCI?
as i’m unable to do that. Please guide?
We found the application number after we linked the paper application online (sep 27). We did not receive any email about it. The first email we received was the medical request, which also has the application numbers.

squgeim

Aug 18, 2018
Congratulations! I think that's the normal process. Something has definitely happened to our application. I don't know if it's something in our application or some issue at their end. Fingers crossed for this week.

squgeim

Aug 18, 2018
can you please help me how you could link the application without application or UCI?
as i’m unable to do that. Please guide?
We just entered the information we already had in the passport. Note that it didn't work at first. We tried a couple of time each day and it only worked after over a week. So maybe keep trying.

Aarushi31

Dec 3, 2019
Thanks, it’s been two weeks now, so I’m sure it’s there. However, I think we’re entering wrong combination due to which not able to connect. My husband doesn’t has last name on his passport, though his application form has only family name and no given name. Also, we’ve a registered lawyer so I’m not sure what we should do to make this happen.
We just entered the information we already had in the passport. Note that it didn't work at first. We tried a couple of time each day and it only worked after over a week. So maybe keep trying.