+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Sep2019 Updates

squgeim

Aug 18, 2018
I am in Canada with a one-year study permit for September session. My wife applied for Open Work Permit on 16 Sep 2019. We have linked the paper application online and it is stuck at "Background Check" and "Reviewing Eligibility". We haven't received a request for medical yet.

Has anyone gotten a response for Sep application?

Country of application: Nepal (processing at IRCC, New Delhi)

sujeetdahiya

Star Member
May 6, 2019
India
I am in Canada with a one-year study permit for September session. My wife applied for Open Work Permit on 16 Sep 2019. We have linked the paper application online and it is stuck at "Background Check" and "Reviewing Eligibility". We haven't received a request for medical yet.

Has anyone gotten a response for Sep application?

Country of application: Nepal (processing at IRCC, New Delhi)
You will get it soon

usmanshk

Aug 28, 2019
Nope.

How abt you?
Nothing as of now... I will check on Wednesday on the status of the visa - the processing time is 11 weeks from Pakistan - so my time lapses on 22 November.. Hopefully will get something till than... When did you apply/from where you applied?

sukhp2307

Nov 11, 2019
Hi Guys!

Please direct me through. For SOWP, is it important to link you UMI and IME number? I had provided my upfront medical and cic sends me another medical request with 1017E form. Its an online application!

I read on CIC website that if we do not provide upfront medical exam then they ask/send instruction for IMM 1017E form medical exam!

Not sure what it means??!!! Can anyone put some light on this?

Mrs-Adil

Oct 29, 2019
Nothing as of now... I will check on Wednesday on the status of the visa - the processing time is 11 weeks from Pakistan - so my time lapses on 22 November.. Hopefully will get something till than... When did you apply/from where you applied?
i applied from LHR, PAK on 31 August, 2019. Biometrics on 3rd Sep and so far no news. was hoping to get the medical request . but completing my 11 weeks in a week.