+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP seek local MP's help?

squgeim

Aug 18, 2018
Hey,

I am an international student and my wife applied SOWP from Nepal on Sep 16 (paper application). The processing time has be fluctuating between 8 and 10 weeks. It is now 9 weeks. It has been over 14 weeks for our case. We received a request to do medical on Nov 1, we did medical and medical was approved on Nov 7. We received a correspondence of biometrics on Nov 11.

In all the case we have read about, the decision is made in a few days after medical is approved. It is almost 2 months since that for us.

We sent a webform requesting an update almost 1 month ago. No update. We have sent another one last week. Haven't heard back.

We have heard that contacting our local MP and requesting they look into our application has helped. Do you think we should do that? Are international students eligible to do that?

Last edited:

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hey,

I am an international student and my wife applied SOWP from Nepal on Sep 16 (paper application). The processing time has be fluctuating between 8 and 10 weeks. It is now 9 weeks. It has been over 14 weeks for our case. We received a request to do medical on Nov 1, we did medical and medical was approved on Nov 7. We received a correspondence of biometrics on Nov 11.

In all the case we have read about, the decision is made in a few days after medical is approved. It is almost 2 months since that for us.

We sent a webform requesting an update almost 1 month ago. No update. We have sent another one last week. Haven't heard back.

We have heard that contacting our local MP and requesting they look into our application has helped. Do you think we should do that? Are international students eligible to do that?
The MP can check the status etc , but they have NO authority on the person getting approved . The MP cannot influence a VO decision
Sure you can inquire

squgeim

Aug 18, 2018
The MP can check the status etc , but they have NO authority on the person getting approved . The MP cannot influence a VO decision
Sure you can inquire
Thank you. I understand that they can't influence the decision. We just want to know what is happening with the application and why it is delayed. We hope the inquiry with put some attention on it.

AMAN42

Feb 21, 2020
Thank you. I understand that they can't influence the decision. We just want to know what is happening with the application and why it is delayed. We hope the inquiry with put some attention on it.
Hi
Did you got any update ? My husband also applied for sowp from India on 7 nov 2019 and got medical request on 21 nov .but till now there is no update.

squgeim

Aug 18, 2018
Hi
Did you got any update ? My husband also applied for sowp from India on 7 nov 2019 and got medical request on 21 nov .but till now there is no update.
Hey. We did contact our local MP after the processing time exceeded more than two times the normal time. We received the visa 2 days after contacting them. Apparently the Visa had been approved and printed in November, but was not shipped for some reason. The date on her visa is of November.