+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sowp Rejected.. please help!!!!!!!!

Gayatriwilb

Sep 10, 2017
Hello

I applied for sowp on Feb 15th and I have got a decision on my visa that it is rejected with the reason as the following:

After considering all the circumstances of your case, it has been determined that you are not
a person whose employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or
opportunities for Canadians citizens or permanent residents.
Eligibility for a work permit in this category only applies to the spouse or common-law partner of
a skilled worker. You have not established that you are the spouse or that you meet the
definition of common-law partner, as defined in the Immigration and Refugee Protection
Regulations.

I am in Canada on visitors visa and my husband is on a closed work permit. I have provided all that they have mentioned as mandatory in my application but I have not provided any optional documents.

Can you please help me with how to proceed further?

Thanks!

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
"You have not established that you are the spouse or that you meet the definition of common-law partner, as defined in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations."

What documents did you submit to prove that you are married?

Gayatriwilb

Sep 10, 2017
"You have not established that you are the spouse or that you meet the definition of common-law partner, as defined in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations."

What documents did you submit to prove that you are married?
I didn't submit anything supporting that because I am already in Canada on visitors visa as my husband's dependent. Do you think that's the reason for rejection?

What do you suppose I can do next to get it approved?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yeah, that's why you were denied. You can reapply, but this time, make sure you submit a complete application.

If you're not sure how to put together a complete application, you might consider getting a (licensed and registered) consultant to help you with it.

Gayatriwilb

Sep 10, 2017
You do have to prove that you are actually married to your husband. A marriage certificate, for example.

Did you read the document checklist for a spousal open work permit? A marriage license or certificate is one of the documents you were required to submit. https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5556e.pdf
Thanks so much @k.h.p and @21Goose. I thought that was already explained in the visitor visa application itself.

Now if I apply this will take another 84 days as it will be considered as a new application or are there chances of getting it reviewed earlier?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thanks so much @k.h.p and @21Goose. I thought that was already explained in the visitor visa application itself.

Now if I apply this will take another 84 days as it will be considered as a new application or are there chances of getting it reviewed earlier?
It is a new application. Your first one was refused.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017

It's a new application and will be treated as such. It won't be faster because of your prior rejection; it will take the time any application would take.

Azmi

May 18, 2019
Hi
Anyone is there who applied from Dubai.
My application is still under process.
20 weeks till now.my husbands work permit about to expire on August.
Please need a reply who knows about this...