29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
Hey Everyone

Can anyone please advise me about how much time it can take to get the passport back once dropped at VFS chandigarh. My husband went their on 9th December and it was an online application there hasn't been any update to the status yet.

Regards vagaur

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Husband PCC from Singapore on 15th September
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
Hi Everyone

I just want to share my case of SOWP. I applied for my spouse SOWP on the basis of my PNP I have NOC C job and post grad work permit. My spouse got rejection within a month stating reason Spouse NOC which was an error( as the rules got changed after the rejection on 9th november). I sent an email to program manager at New Delhi in India and we received an email for passport request they have changed the status to open. So guys never lose hope it was our 3rd time that we applied for SOWP and this time we got it approved after the rejection.
Timeline

Applied online : 7th october 2015
Medical Passed : 10th October 2015
Rejection : 4th November ( Reason was error in law )
Sent email for reconsideration : 13th November program manager Delhi India ( Ms. Shannon Fraser )
Got file reopen : 9th Dec
Passport request : 9th Dec
Passport Submit : 9th Dec
Passport dispatched : 6th Jan
Online update : Approved 6th Jan
Passport Received : 7th Jan

Good Luck

Vagaur

Jojy Jose

Sep 9, 2015
MY SOWP STATUS SHOWING AS BELOWAPPLIED ON 27OCT-2015
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APPLICATION/PROFILE STATUS:-OPEN
REVIEW OF MEDICAL RESULTS:pASSED
REVIEW OF SUBMITTED DOCUMENTS:-NO ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THIS TIME
SCHEDULING AN INTERVIEW :NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
REVIEW OF BIO METRIC:-NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
FINAL DECISION:- NOT STARTED

aprillee

Star Member
Dec 8, 2015
my spouse is coming to Canada this week, he has an open work permit so he needs to find a NOC 0, A, B job and only then I can apply for a SOWP. How long do you think he should work before I fill out the application form? Is 1 month enough?

aprillee

Star Member
Dec 8, 2015
aprillee said:
my spouse is coming to Canada this week, he has an open work permit so he needs to find a NOC 0, A, B job and only then I can apply for a SOWP. How long do you think he should work before I fill out the application form? Is 1 month enough?
does anyone have any idea?

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
aprillee said:
does anyone have any idea?
You can apply for SOWP once your spouse has a job in required NOC. He needs a letter from work stating his job duties and contract if any. Also he have send you his pay stubs or may be bank statements confirming his income. It doesn't say anywhere about the time window a person should work before applying for SOWP, but will suggest give it some time so that you can collect the proofs for source of income. If he gets paid biweekly month should be good.

aprillee

Star Member
Dec 8, 2015
Navprateek said:
You can apply for SOWP once your spouse has a job in required NOC. He needs a letter from work stating his job duties and contract if any. Also he have send you his pay stubs or may be bank statements confirming his income. It doesn't say anywhere about the time window a person should work before applying for SOWP, but will suggest give it some time so that you can collect the proofs for source of income. If he gets paid biweekly month should be good.
thank you for response! Have you applied for a SOWP?

eFaith

Oct 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OINP App - 23-01-2016
Nomination.....
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
Came in on Visitor visa with spouse on study permit. Applied for OWP 27 Sept. 2015. Still no final decision by CIC. This is getting very frustrating. I called and was told they are currently working on application received on Aug 31....Anybody with same experience here? We really need to encourage one another.

aprillee

Star Member
Dec 8, 2015
does anyone know if paycheck instead of pay stubs will work? CIC website says you have to provide recent pay stubs but my spouse gets only paychecks. Will it be okay if I provide paychecks instead of pay stubs?

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
eFaith said:
Came in on Visitor visa with spouse on study permit. Applied for OWP 27 Sept. 2015. Still no final decision by CIC. This is getting very frustrating. I called and was told they are currently working on application received on Aug 31....Anybody with same experience here? We really need to encourage one another.
I am in the same boat... applied 10th Oct. I am exploring flagpoling... any idea on that?