29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
Hi Evryone

I applied for my SOWP. He is in India I am PNP holder and I have him as dependant in my PR app as well. Below id his timeline.

Applied on : 7th october 2015
Upfront Medical : Passed on 9th october 2015
Previous Refusal : 2

himgup

Jun 15, 2015
Applied Oct 6 with premedical ( Online Applicatiion )
Oct 7 Medical passed

Waiting for response !

butterfly11

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
Hi guys,

I am a PNP holder too and my partner is outside Canada too. How did you apply online? Did you have enough slots to upload all the documents?
We just applied paper application and got refuse in Canadian Embassy, Hong Kong. Im thinking of doing it again but online.
Please help..

env

Oct 31, 2015
himgup said:
Applied Oct 6 with premedical ( Online Applicatiion )
Oct 7 Medical passed

Waiting for response !
Hi, need to know the pre-medical step here.

Did you upload that pre-medical confirmation receipt with your application under the "letter of explanation " upload option ?

as you have mentioned it " Oct 7 medical passed "wondering how did visa office acknowledge that pre-medical ?

butterfly11

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
vagaur said:
Hi Evryone

I applied for my SOWP. He is in India I am PNP holder and I have him as dependant in my PR app as well. Below id his timeline.

Hi,

Did you write in your application that he is your dependant in your PNP app?
Did you try to answer the letter of refusal in your current application? and you attached it with the application?

Kindly help. We would like to reapply. The VO said that we didn't demonstrate that we are in common law relationship. We have tons of evidences, but I believed I made a mistake in filling up the date the last date we lived together I mistakenly put in present.

And also, can we also use his last medical? He just got it last August and I think it is valid for 1 year.

Hope somebody can help.
Thank You

butterfly11

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
vagaur said:
Hi Evryone

Hi there, how was your application? Got approved?
I applied with my PNP as well. Did you put in the letter that you put your spouse as your dependant?

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Husband PCC from Singapore on 15th September
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
butterfly11 said:
Hi there, how was your application? Got approved?
I applied with my PNP as well. Did you put in the letter that you put your spouse as your dependant?
Hi butterfly11

I am really very sorry for late reply. I was out of country for one month and didn't got chance top go thru the forum. Yes i put in my pnp letter and also mention in explanation letter that my spouse is my dependant and also he will be dependant in my PR app. You can upload all docs by making one pdf file and make the size smaller and upload with explanations letter or with the passport of your partner.

Best Wishes

Vagaur

butterfly11

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
vagaur said:
Hi butterfly11

I am really very sorry for late reply. I was out of country for one month and didn't got chance top go thru the forum. Yes i put in my pnp letter and also mention in explanation letter that my spouse is my dependant and also he will be dependant in my PR app. You can upload all docs by making one pdf file and make the size smaller and upload with explanations letter or with the passport of your partner.

Best Wishes

Vagaur

Hi Vagaur,

No worries, we are still finalizing out letter for our SOWP application. Maybe we will just do a paper application again as we are in a common law relationship and we have tons of evidences, it will be a lot of work if we do it online. We'll see though ;)
How was your application by the way?
Previously we applied using my PNP cert, now I got my AOR we will attach it as well..I will also say that he is my dependant. Im just worried about if it might affect our application. The only reason of our refusal is because of our common law relationship, we made a mistake on the dates we put in the IMM5409.
Hopefully, the 2nd try will be good. My partner submitted before in VFS Hongkong, unfortunately all fees including service fee were not refundable. But crossing our fingers, the 2nd time will be approve.
Please let me know about your updates.
Thank You

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Husband PCC from Singapore on 15th September
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
butterfly11 said:
Hi Vagaur,

No worries, we are still finalizing out letter for our SOWP application. Maybe we will just do a paper application again as we are in a common law relationship and we have tons of evidences, it will be a lot of work if we do it online. We'll see though ;)
How was your application by the way?
Previously we applied using my PNP cert, now I got my AOR we will attach it as well..I will also say that he is my dependant. Im just worried about if it might affect our application. The only reason of our refusal is because of our common law relationship, we made a mistake on the dates we put in the IMM5409.
Hopefully, the 2nd try will be good. My partner submitted before in VFS Hongkong, unfortunately all fees including service fee were not refundable. But crossing our fingers, the 2nd time will be approve.
Please let me know about your updates.
Thank You
Hi buterfly11

For me there was a lot of mess. Processing time from India is 4months I got decision in almost 26 days as refused. Reason was other : spouse noc which is not even a reason in my case as I am a pnp holder. I guess the immigration officer didn't even read my explanation letter. Now i have sent an email to their supervisor in Delhi India for reconsideration as the reason was Error in Law. Fingers crossed hopping for them to reopen the application as it was my 2nd attempt and I am really disappointed with immigration system how can they be so careless. Anyways good luck with your application give them as many proofs you can provide your pictures chats emails or anything proving your relationship.

Best Wishes

Vagaur

MapleLeafCan

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2014
AOR Received.
aug 2014
Med's Request
march 2015
Med's Done....
march 2015
Passport Req..
february 2016
LANDED..........
28 february 2016
Can anyone tell me what documents are needed from me and my spouse for sowp from India??
I have PR file currently in process under CEC category..
Please help me as I want to apply asap.
Thank you

Jojy Jose

Sep 9, 2015
I am working in Qatar as accountant and have applied online for SOWP on 27th Oct-2015 through a lawyer in Canada along with upfront medical ,waiting for the response from the lawyer as the CIC will be communicatiing to the agency only.

Documents Submitted

1.Affidavit for my parents property.
2. Affidavit for Joint account me and my wife.
3.Bank Statements.
4. Experience certificates.
5.Net worth certificate.
6.Marriage certificate.
7.Upfront medical.
8.Reference letter from my current employer.
9.Visa Stamps on PP.
10.Net Worth Certificate.
11.Wedding photos.
12.Salary statements .
13 .Wife's study+work permit,GIC,Offer letter,Canada bank account details,Visa page.

Time Line
-----------
1.Online application on Oct-2015 trough a Canadian Lawyer upfront medical submitted with the application.

sw8Tjana

Star Member
Jul 29, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
Waiting
Seems like there is no update for all of us..

Online Application: October 9, 2015
Medical Req: October 12, 2015
Medical Done: October 19, 2015
Medical Passed: October 23, 2015

Outland application.. No lawyers or representatives.. DIY.

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
CIC seems to be taking an unusually long time in processing OWP's...
I applied online on 10th Oct (from within Canada), and no update as of yet.

Any idea what to expect?

guillecr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
nurat said:
CIC seems to be taking an unusually long time in processing OWP's...
I applied online on 10th Oct (from within Canada), and no update as of yet.

Any idea what to expect?
Be patient my friend.... my WP took 6 month an 24 days for approval, some people get their approval sooner. My advise is after the processing time expire start calling and go to your MP. sometimes is worthless but for me works. Good luck!!