+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP June 2019 inland online - no reply

kiwissima

Sep 17, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have applied inland (from Canada) online for a Spouse Open Work Permit on June 10th, 2019 with upfront medical exams based on my husband's post-graduate work permit. A few months earlier I got my visitor visa extension (in the letter of explanation I expressed my motivation in applying for a SOWP). I used my medical exams from the visa extension application that were done less than 1 year ago. So far I received no messages apart from the submission confirmation and my application status has never changed (review of eligibility in progress).

More than 10 weeks have already passed and I start getting worried because on the CIC website the estimated processing time for a work permit is only 8 weeks.

Anyone applied at this time and got a reply or still waiting for it? Any thoughts why it takes so long?

Thanks in advance!

CANVish

Mar 27, 2019
Same here...applied inland SOWP on June 3rd. Till now, no progress at all.

Only thing we can do is to wait and see until the decision is made.

Don't worry... All the best.

Reactions: kiwissima

kiwissima

Sep 17, 2018
Same here...applied inland SOWP on June 3rd. Till now, no progress at all.

Only thing we can do is to wait and see until the decision is made.

Don't worry... All the best.
Thanks for your reply! At least now I know that not only my application takes so long to be processed...
Do you have the same application status (review of eligibility in progress )?

Best of luck to you too!

CANVish

Mar 27, 2019
Thanks for your reply! At least now I know that not only my application takes so long to be processed...
Do you have the same application status (review of eligibility in progress )?

Best of luck to you too!
Here is my Status:

Review of eligibility 
◦ Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

TopGainer

Star Member
Jun 12, 2019
Maybe ask through webform?? Applied July 7th and thought its gonna take 7 weeks and this week is the 7th week....

No updates yet

trushik

Aug 16, 2019
Same thing is happening with me! I applied on June 6th. Still no progress at all. I wonder, why is it taking too much time? Be in touch. Good luck!

kiwissima

Sep 17, 2018
Same thing is happening with me! I applied on June 6th. Still no progress at all. I wonder, why is it taking too much time? Be in touch. Good luck!
I am wondering too, so weird that it takes so long... The estimated time should be 8 weeks according to the CIC website. Good luck to you too! I'll let you know when I get any update

TopGainer

Star Member
Jun 12, 2019
I believe you will get your wp soon.. The processing time for sowp is "Work Permit Extension" category which is almost 100 days rather than "Work Permit".....

kiwissima

Sep 17, 2018
I believe you will get your wp soon.. The processing time for sowp is "Work Permit Extension" category which is almost 100 days rather than "Work Permit".....
I really hope to get a reply soon!

I didn't know that the processing time for SOWP falls within the category of "work permit extension"... Indeed, in this case, the processing time should be 100 days and now CIC is working on applications received on May 16, 2019.

Do you have any updates for your application?

TopGainer

Star Member
Jun 12, 2019
I really hope to get a reply soon!

I didn't know that the processing time for SOWP falls within the category of "work permit extension"... Indeed, in this case, the processing time should be 100 days and now CIC is working on applications received on May 16, 2019.

Do you have any updates for your application?

Not yet...I went from the States to Toronto last Sunday, and me and my partner went into CBSA to get her permit...The officer told us he can issue us a permit right away however he suggested us to wait because he thinks our application will definitely get approved and do not want us to waste $300+ for a new application at the boarder... So we are waiting for Oct to come...