+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP January/February 2017 applicants

munta_131

Nov 12, 2014
Hello Everybody,

Let's share SOWP timelines for Jan/Feb 2017 applicants !!!

February 9: Submitted application ONLINE

Still waiting for Medical call.

jsghai

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
munta_131 said:
Hello Everybody,

Let's share SOWP timelines for Jan/Feb 2017 applicants !!!

February 9: Submitted application ONLINE

Still waiting for Medical call.
Jan6th
Nothing yet

abhi141989

May 9, 2012
Visa Office......
Online (SOWP)
App. Filed.......
04-02-2017
File Transfer...
04-02-2017
Med's Request
03-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-05-2017 (Non eMedical) ; Passed on 09-05-2017
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2017
LANDED..........
July 2017
Hi All,

Feb 04, 2017 - ONLINE
Waiting for Medicals.

Abhi

jsghai

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
munta_131 said:
Anyone applied in January/February and received a medical call?
Applied on 6thJan nothing yet!!

Suman Bharadwaj

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Hi,

Applied on Feb 23rd. To save time, gave medicals on March 4th with out being requested from CIC.

Applied online.

Thanks

Suman Bharadwaj

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Guys, Well i dont understand why you people waiting for medical requisition from CIC. you can still go and opt with out being requested...that would rather fetch some time saving in application process...

paul234

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
03-05-17
Med's Request
03-05-17
Interview........
03-05-17
Passport Req..
...waiting...
Suman Bharadwaj said:
Guys, Well i don understand why you people waiting for medical requisition from CIC. you can still go and opt with out being requested...that would rather fetch some time saving in application process...
Well for me, when I called the hospital for appointment, they said that if its for work permit, they need offer letter to do the test. I mentioned this was sowp and there is no work offer involved. They then asked me to wait for the letter from cic in such a scenario and bring the IMM form they send.
They also mentioned that if you have already submitted the application and then want to do a pre-medical, it is not advised as that medical might not be accepted, and since you technically already took a medical, hospital cant do another, leaving you in a limbo.
So in my case I decided a week's delay is something I can live with, rather than ending up in a confusing scenario. Medical appointments at my place is available within next 2-3 days, and I should be able to upload the acknowledgement letter on the day of the medical. So no much delay.

Suman Bharadwaj

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
paul234 said:
Well for me, when I called the hospital for appointment, they said that if its for work permit, they need offer letter to do the test. I mentioned this was sowp and there is no work offer involved. They then asked me to wait for the letter from cic in such a scenario and bring the IMM form they send.
They also mentioned that if you have already submitted the application and then want to do a pre-medical, it is not advised as that medical might not be accepted, and since you technically already took a medical, hospital cant do another, leaving you in a limbo.
So in my case I decided a week's delay is something I can live with, rather than ending up in a confusing scenario. Medical appointments at my place is available within next 2-3 days, and I should be able to upload the acknowledgement letter on the day of the medical. So no much delay.
well, i got the other side of the story. Same as you i made my research and in fact spoke to hospital people w.r.t my case for SOWP. They mentioned that medical tests would be same for all the visa's to canada. and they did booked an appointment for me and rest all done. the additional documents they asked is my wife's immigration study permit document while entering in to canada. just FYI, as this medical report is valid for 6 months , i feel its not required to go for another unless u exceed the time line. You wont be able to upload the medical acknowledgement letter online as this report is directly circulated to embassy. hope this clarifies...

Which country/state state u applied from??

paul234

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
03-05-17
Med's Request
03-05-17
Interview........
03-05-17
Passport Req..
...waiting...
Suman Bharadwaj said:
well, i got the other side of the story. Same as you i made my research and in fact spoke to hospital people w.r.t my case for SOWP. They mentioned that medical tests would be same for all the visa's to canada. and they did booked an appointment for me and rest all done. the additional documents they asked is my wife's immigration study permit document while entering in to canada. just FYI, as this medical report is valid for 6 months , i feel its not required to go for another unless u exceed the time line. You wont be able to upload the medical acknowledgement letter online as this report is directly circulated to embassy. hope this clarifies...

I'm from Bnglre, currently working in TN, so for me the closest hospital was in Trivandrum, Kerala and they mentioned all that confusing scenarios :/

abhi141989

May 9, 2012
Visa Office......
Online (SOWP)
App. Filed.......
04-02-2017
File Transfer...
04-02-2017
Med's Request
03-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-05-2017 (Non eMedical) ; Passed on 09-05-2017
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2017
LANDED..........
July 2017
Suman Bharadwaj said:

Correction here, Medicals are good for 12 Months..

Abhi

paul234

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
03-05-17
Med's Request
03-05-17
Interview........
03-05-17
Passport Req..
...waiting...
I just checked my account, and the Final decision tab shows "your application is in progress. we will send you a message once the final decision has been made."
Till yesterday the status was 'not started'. I did NOT receive any email saying any application has been updated.
My application was made online on Jan-9.
Anyone else who applied around that time got any mail from cic/noticed any change in their online application?
I'm wondering if this is an actual status change or they just changed the wording on their website.

Suman Bharadwaj

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
paul234 said:
I just checked my account, and the Final decision tab shows "your application is in progress. we will send you a message once the final decision has been made."
Till yesterday the status was 'not started'. I did NOT receive any email saying any application has been updated.
My application was made online on Jan-9.
Anyone else who applied around that time got any mail from cic/noticed any change in their online application?
I'm wondering if this is an actual status change or they just changed the wording on their website.
Paul, same here. I applied on Feb 23rd. Even my status now changed as below. is this what exactly shown to you as well.???

Where is this application? Details
Application status : We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of medical results : You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview : You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics : We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Final decision : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.