+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP in Nov 2020

Chetan98781

Feb 23, 2021
how do you get to know that you are on background check ? I want to check mine too.
888-242-2100 call this number to check your status... ( only from canadian phone number ) although they don't have too much information.. I guess all of us are having same status.. Background check.. Coz they are not updating anything.

Reactions: rituppaatteell

Chetan98781

Feb 23, 2021
@Chetan98781 u applied in October right ?
What’s your status of application.
Biometrics, medical, review of eligibility ??
No I applied In July.. Actually I have reapplied my File. I had refusal earlier due to some dumb reasons Of IRCC. So I Re-Applied on 7 July.

Bio, Medical everything was already in my file but they have not updated it yet. I raised Webform Inquiry also in second week of Feb, They just said that your file is under review. They are not disclosing any information.

Chetan98781

Feb 23, 2021
O m g
That sucks
Mine is just becakground check
Applied in nov 2 with everything
It’s been 4 month now
Yeah don't know what to do?. I just came to this forum to see if I can get any update. But now i saw that everybody here is just like me.. Only difference is some one applied in feb, march, July, sept, or October. But mostly all are just waiting for approvals.

Everyday starts with a hope that today something will happen but then day ends just like the previous one.. Its frustrating...:(

Mar 1, 2021
how do you get to know that you are on background check ? I want to check mine too.
if you have submitted online application, thn you can check it in your IRCC account to login your account Visit this page. If you have submitted offline means paper application then Visit this page and link your paper application to your online account.

Please share your timeline and how did you applied online or offline? 1st time or reapplication? Are you student or on PGWP or PR?

Chetan98781

Feb 23, 2021
They start checking the eligibility
No biometrics and medical updates yet
We even asked local MP office to check and help.. they also got same response that Delhi Embassy Office is checking eligibility of Application. Once they approve or need any information IRCC will contact.

So nothing new there also.

Sukhpreet5

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
can somebody help me here. see my laywer did nt give me anything so i just call ircc. before they were saying we are doing backgriund check anything else like biomatrics, medical, additional docx, interview they dont need it. eligibilty review not started yet.
but when i call them on 12 march 2021 they said we start reviewing your eligibily
we dnt need additional docx
we dnt need an interview.
background check going on.
this time they didnt even said anything about medical and biomatrics
what that mean?
please help me out?

Chetan98781

Feb 23, 2021
can somebody help me here. see my laywer did nt give me anything so i just call ircc. before they were saying we are doing backgriund check anything else like biomatrics, medical, additional docx, interview they dont need it. eligibilty review not started yet.
but when i call them on 12 march 2021 they said we start reviewing your eligibily
we dnt need additional docx
we dnt need an interview.
background check going on.
this time they didnt even said anything about medical and biomatrics
what that mean?
please help me out?
Hello Sukhpreet, there is no clarity of information by IRCC. They are not disclosing any information.. 2 days ago I made a inquiry via webform that why my medial Is not updated, even there they said that there are so many applications where medicals are pending and people are trying to contact them to link their medical with application, but they can't give exact time when medical will update.

I believe when your medical will be clear they will notify you just like they did to some other people, so you should check once with your agent ask him or her to check in GC key account and see if medical is updated yet or not.

IRCC call centers, webforms all are giving same random answers. I can feel your frustration here as I am going through same thing.

Or you can also check with your local MP office if they can provide you more details on your application status.. You applied in November I guess see mine case I am waiting from July. Still having brisk hope that everything will be fine.