+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP from US/Outland

Mann157

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Anyone can has done or know the process to get the SOWP from US. Wife is an international student in Canada and I am in US. I have visitor visa for Canada and want to apply for SOWP from US because processing time is 4 weeks compare to inland which is ~100 days. Any help?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Anyone can has done or know the process to get the SOWP from US. Wife is an international student in Canada and I am in US. I have visitor visa for Canada and want to apply for SOWP from US because processing time is 4 weeks compare to inland which is ~100 days. Any help?
Are you in the US?

Mann157

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
So you can certainly apply from the US. Visas/permits are not guaranteed for spouses of international students. FN without citizenship tend to have a longer processing time than US citizens applying in the US.
Thanks, question is while checking the process it says visitor visa and work permit forms to be filled. As I already have visitor visa , do I need to fill only work permit form? Also, SOWP will be an additional stamp or it s something like study permit (a paper) and i'll use my visitor visa stamp to enter?