+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sowp finance

Rayfah

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
hi! My husband is an international student in australia nearing completion of his studies. I have a study permit for Canada. Can he and my child be sponsored by my father who is also my sponsor? Are there chances of refusal if we don’t show personal assets/finance?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi! My husband is an international student in australia nearing completion of his studies. I have a study permit for Canada. Can he and my child be sponsored by my father who is also my sponsor? Are there chances of refusal if we don’t show personal assets/finance?
Yes nothing is guaranteed but your husband and child should apply for SOWP and TRV.

Rayfah

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
Yes nothing is guaranteed but your husband and child should apply for SOWP and TRV.
Thank you for the response. The application shows only $85 biometrics fees for one person, is this correct or have I filled the questionnaire wrong?

Mann157

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Have you applied for SOWP ?

Uti

Aug 9, 2019
Thank you for the response. The application shows only $85 biometrics fees for one person, is this correct or have I filled the questionnaire wrong?
You should enter 2, since you have two adult applicants. So it should be 2 x 85.

Rayfah

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
okay, but if your husband is in Australia for more than 12 months, then he doesn't need medical right?
Hey! I did not know this at all. Just checked the link that you posted. The medical costs over $600 in australia and we don’t have to do it if it’s not necessary. Are you sure he doesn’t need one? @canuck78 can you please confirm

Last edited:

Mann157

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Hey! I did not know this at all. Just checked the link that you posted. The medical costs over $600 in australia and we don’t have to do it if it’s not necessary. Are you sure he doesn’t need one? @canuck78 can you please confirm
That is what I understand from the link but yes if anyone can confirm that would be great.