Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
Hello,

Please help.
I submitted an application for Spousal Open Work Permit extension on May, 18th with all supporting documents and there are no updates yet. I would like to have some advice to make preparation.

SOWP extension submission: May, 18th SOWP expired: July, 31st currently under implied status

1, If the application is approved before Otc, 31st which is 90days from the expiry date of previous SOWP. There would be no problems.
2, If the application is rejected before Otc, 31st. Can I reapply for SOWP extension with restore status as a worker?
3, If there are still no updates till Otc, 31st. What should I do? and if it is rejected after that, can I reapply? Or should I apply to change the status to visitor before Otc, 31st?

I would be really appreciated if you can help advise my concerns and give a suggestion. Thank you very much.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

Please help.
I submitted an application for Spousal Open Work Permit extension on May, 18th with all supporting documents and there are no updates yet. I would like to have some advice to make preparation.

SOWP extension submission: May, 18th SOWP expired: July, 31st currently under implied status

1, If the application is approved before Otc, 31st which is 90days from the expiry date of previous SOWP. There would be no problems.
2, If the application is rejected before Otc, 31st. Can I reapply for SOWP extension with restore status as a worker?
3, If there are still no updates till Otc, 31st. What should I do? and if it is rejected after that, can I reapply? Or should I apply to change the status to visitor before Otc, 31st?

I would be really appreciated if you can help advise my concerns and give a suggestion. Thank you very much.
There is a difference between rejected and refused. Rejected means no Implied Status and 90 days from the original status expiry to apply for Restoration. Refused means valid status up to the date of refusal and 90 days from that date to apply for Restoration

2. Unless you submitted an incomplete app and don't actually qualify for a work permit, the application will not be rejected.

3. Keep waiting. There is no point in submitting a visitor extension app.

Reactions: vubq123

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
There is a difference between rejected and refused. Rejected means no Implied Status and 90 days from the original status expiry to apply for Restoration. Refused means valid status up to the date of refusal and 90 days from that date to apply for Restoration

2. Unless you submitted an incomplete app and don't actually qualify for a work permit, the application will not be rejected.

3. Keep waiting. There is no point in submitting a visitor extension app.
Thank you very much for your time. Now I understand the difference between rejected and refused. My wife is qualified for SOWP extension as I'm working under NOC B and already submitted payslips. What I can do now is to wait. Thank you again.