+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP details

Pranav2890

Feb 28, 2021
Hello everyone,
I have received my student visa and will be travelling next month. However, I am planning to submit SOWP for my wife. I have confusion related to documents.
We got married 3 years back but none of the documents contain spouse details.
- We do have marriage certificate along with all the marriage photos.
- Is it mandatory to have my name as spouse on my wife's passport?
- Can we show funds from my wife's account?
- We do have joint account, can we show funds?

Any help will be appreciated

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Anyone, please share your reviews
1. What documents are you referring to that do not have her name on them?
2. Marriage photos alone might not do. You should at least have some documents/bills/invoices that both your names on them, to prove you've both been living together at the same address. Afterall, you've been married for 3 years.
3.Spousal details on passports are not common. I've only heard of this from Indian applicants.
4. You can show funds from any account - individual or joint - but showing from joint might strengthen your application.

Pranav2890

Feb 28, 2021
1. What documents are you referring to that do not have her name on them?
2. Marriage photos alone might not do. You should at least have some documents/bills/invoices that both your names on them, to prove you've both been living together at the same address. Afterall, you've been married for 3 years.
3.Spousal details on passports are not common. I've only heard of this from Indian applicants.
4. You can show funds from any account - individual or joint - but showing from joint might strengthen your application.
Thankyou for your response.
-we are married since 3 years. We do have a marriage certificate issued by the government to prove our marriage and along with that we have all the photos.
- But my name is not added in any of the government documents which my spouse is having (Passport, adhar Card) - Is it mandatory to have my name added as spouse in her documents?
- There is no information available online regarding all this and even I am unable to find a suitable visa agent to process my application

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Thankyou for your response.
-we are married since 3 years. We do have a marriage certificate issued by the government to prove our marriage and along with that we have all the photos.
- But my name is not added in any of the government documents which my spouse is having (Passport, adhar Card) - Is it mandatory to have my name added as spouse in her documents?
- There is no information available online regarding all this and even I am unable to find a suitable visa agent to process my application
I'm not familiar with how it works with adhar cards etc, so can't comment on that.

Like I previously asked, do you have any other documents that shows you are married and living together besides marriage certs? Utility bills, joint bank account statements, investment statements property documents etc. Anything that shows you are married in community of property would be helpful.

Pranav2890

Feb 28, 2021
I'm not familiar with how it works with adhar cards etc, so can't comment on that.

Like I previously asked, do you have any other documents that shows you are married and living together besides marriage certs? Utility bills, joint bank account statements, investment statements property documents etc. Anything that shows you are married in community of property would be helpful.
No, we don't have anything except marriage certificate. But we are going to make a joint account in Bank by next week

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
No, we don't have anything except marriage certificate. But we are going to make a joint account in Bank by next week
I thought you said you already have a joint account. A new account might raise suspicions - unless you are planning to wait at least 4 months after opening the account, to apply.

Pranav2890

Feb 28, 2021
I thought you said you already have a joint account. A new account might raise suspicions - unless you are planning to wait at least 4 months after opening the account, to apply.
My mistake, sorry. We are going to make a new joint account by next week. We will be using this account to show enough funds to support my spouse.
My doubt is that, is marriage certificate enough? If not, what else can be done?
Your advice will be appreciated

Rokeshbheemaiah

Aug 8, 2020
Bengaluru
Category........
STUDY
@wonderbly Hi.. Last week I've received admit for master of management logistics supply chain at University of Windsor for May 22 intake.. Completed my bachelor's in mechanical engineering with 10 years of experience at Japanese OEM in supply chain field.. I'm planning to apply for SP and SOWP (My wife is a software engineer with 5 years of experience.).. Can you please suggest me on the further procedures..

MarieCol

May 4, 2021
My mistake, sorry. We are going to make a new joint account by next week. We will be using this account to show enough funds to support my spouse.
My doubt is that, is marriage certificate enough? If not, what else can be done?
Your advice will be appreciated
Hi! We applied together with my husband and at a time we only had common low partnership and got married afterwards. The only document we provided was our common low partnership certificate which is similar to marriage certificate in our country. We got approved at the same time and no additional documents were needed.
Good luck! I think your documents plus bank account is enough.

Rokeshbheemaiah

Aug 8, 2020
Bengaluru
Category........
STUDY
Hi! We applied together with my husband and at a time we only had common low partnership and got married afterwards. The only document we provided was our common low partnership certificate which is similar to marriage certificate in our country. We got approved at the same time and no additional documents were needed.
Which country??

Pranav2890

Feb 28, 2021
Thankyou so much for your response

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
@wonderbly Hi.. Last week I've received admit for master of management logistics supply chain at University of Windsor for May 22 intake.. Completed my bachelor's in mechanical engineering with 10 years of experience at Japanese OEM in supply chain field.. I'm planning to apply for SP and SOWP (My wife is a software engineer with 5 years of experience.).. Can you please suggest me on the further procedures..
Hi, do you have specific questions you need answers to?