+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP details

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thankyou for your response.
-we are married since 3 years. We do have a marriage certificate issued by the government to prove our marriage and along with that we have all the photos.
- But my name is not added in any of the government documents which my spouse is having (Passport, adhar Card) - Is it mandatory to have my name added as spouse in her documents?
- There is no information available online regarding all this and even I am unable to find a suitable visa agent to process my application
Marriage certificate will be enough and if IRCC needs additional information, they will let you know. They are aware of marriage certificate format of different countries. Provided you declare your marital status, I don't think there would be a problem on proof of marriage, if any you can clarify

Pranav2890

Feb 28, 2021
Marriage certificate will be enough and if IRCC needs additional information, they will let you know. They are aware of marriage certificate format of different countries. Provided you declare your marital status, I don't think there would be a problem on proof of marriage, if any you can clarify
Thanks. I was worried about this only. We have only marriage certificate as proof and don't have spouse name on any documents. We will be submitting application with marriage certificate, marriage photographs, chat history till date and some more photographs. I hope this works

Pranav2890

Feb 28, 2021
Thanks. I was worried about this only. We have only marriage certificate as proof and don't have spouse name on any documents. We will be submitting application with marriage certificate, marriage photographs, chat history till date and some more photographs. I hope this works
@wonderbly @MarieCol @Simba112 thankyou guys for your response. As mentioned above, I will be submitting application with these documents to show proof of our relationship. I am on student visa and will be travelling to canada next month. Is it advised that I submit of my spouse (SOWP) after I reach Canada or can I submit it now?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
@wonderbly @MarieCol @Simba112 thankyou guys for your response. As mentioned above, I will be submitting application with these documents to show proof of our relationship. I am on student visa and will be travelling to canada next month. Is it advised that I submit of my spouse (SOWP) after I reach Canada or can I submit it now?
I don't think it makes any difference if you do it now or after you've reached Canada. What matters is that your wife's application satisfies the requirement of a SOWP.