+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP DECEMBER

Tania1987

Jul 5, 2017
I have Applied for SOWP in December and dependent visa for my daughter. Now we got request for Medical exam. Does it mean we got approval of visa somewhere, thts y they asked for medical?

Feb 18, 2020
Hello there. I need a little bit of help in here.. I just wonder if you know a little bit about my case... I'm an international student. I plan to apply for my husband to work here thru open work permit. I applied online. Should I wait for the immigration to ask me bank statement, marriage certificate, employment details even these are not asked yet or should I include it right away in the client information? Thank you... It's my first time to apply..

Tania1987

Jul 5, 2017
Hi.... first of all tell me r u still a student? If yes thn which semester is going on?
Secondly my husband is also in canada , he is on work permit and he applied my case online through solicitor and its very essential to add all the details alongwith, no need to wait for embassy to ask , its ur responsibility to add every single detail about yourself.

if u need any help tell me as i got my visa

Thnx☺

Tania1987

Jul 5, 2017
I asked ur status because there are lot of chances of refusal if u r a student and applying for SOWP for your partner. Its better to apply SOWP, when you r on Work Permit with full time job. Moreover solicitor means Immigration Consultant, we took their help for our case and in 1.5 month Me nd my daughter got our visa

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I asked ur status because there are lot of chances of refusal if u r a student and applying for SOWP for your partner. Its better to apply SOWP, when you r on Work Permit with full time job. Moreover solicitor means Immigration Consultant, we took their help for our case and in 1.5 month Me nd my daughter got our visa
Solicitor means lawyer.

sarabjit.21

Aug 21, 2019
Hi Tania1987,

Congratulations on your visa approval! Just wanted to confirm one thing If my wife is studying in Canada then am I not eligible for the SOWP?

Tania1987

Jul 5, 2017
Hi... thnx... u r elegible, but it depends on the situation of an individual’s case.. most probably everyone will suggest u apply for SOWP only when she will b on her Work Permit, is se case jayada strong hota hain.

Else you can apply for Tourist Visa on her convocation, u will b in canada nd u can change ur status in SOWP when she gets her Work Permit... but in this case u will spend twice
First for Tourist Visa then for SOWP.
Choice is yours.
Thnx

sarabjit.21

Aug 21, 2019
Hi... thnx... u r elegible, but it depends on the situation of an individual’s case.. most probably everyone will suggest u apply for SOWP only when she will b on her Work Permit, is se case jayada strong hota hain.

Else you can apply for Tourist Visa on her convocation, u will b in canada nd u can change ur status in SOWP when she gets her Work Permit... but in this case u will spend twice
First for Tourist Visa then for SOWP.
Choice is yours.
Thnx
Thank you so much for your response! What takes less time applying for the SOWP from within Canada or Outside Canada?
I was thinking to apply for SOWP while she will be studying because she is planning to enroll for a 2 years program( which is a good duration) and she has got letter of acceptance as well.

Tania1987

Jul 5, 2017
Honestly speaking I don’t know about India, mine was applied by my husband within canada with the help of consultant and remember it was online application and yes online application take less time.... guaranteed
Mine came in 1.5 months