+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP: Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?

apri

Sep 26, 2022
I've found many answers to this question on this forum but none clarified my confusion.

My situation:
My wife is in Canada on PGWP and working. I'm applying for spousal OWP. When I receive my OWP, I will be traveling alone to Canada (that is, she will already be present in Canada).

The question that I'm confused about is: Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?
According to the glossary of CIC, 'accompanying' means :
Accompanying you means that this person intends to come to Canada at the same time as you.

If I answer no to the question ( that is no one will accompany me), it doesn't ask me to upload our proof of relationship. On the other hand, If I answer yes, it asks me to upload proof of our relationship. So what should be the correct answer here?
Thanks.

kmrpiy

Jan 16, 2023
@apri, did you find the answer. I am in same boat. My spouse is already in Canada, and I am applying for SOWP. And I'll be travelling alone.

apri

Sep 26, 2022
@apri, did you find the answer. I am in same boat. My spouse is already in Canada, and I am applying for SOWP. And I'll be travelling alone.
Hi, I answered yes and uploaded the relevant proof of relationship documents. My SOWP was approved and I didn't face any issues at the border entering Canada alone.

Reactions: cheery27