+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2021

jyotimishra

Feb 16, 2020
Hi there,

My husband is in Canada he is working there. We just got married in feb 2022. I want to apply for student visa rather than spousal because its taking time. What you suggest ? Please do let me know about rejection rate.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there,

My husband is in Canada he is working there. We just got married in feb 2022. I want to apply for student visa rather than spousal because its taking time. What you suggest ? Please do let me know about rejection rate.
No one can tell you. Assume you have admission to a college or univeristy. You need to show the funds to pay for tuition funds to support yourself. You need to show education and career advancement in your home country (justify spending the money), ties to home country (job, family etc). Overall you need to show that you will have a better paying job in your home country after the program and that the program builds on current education. So if you have a degree, consider a Masters program.

Given timelines a study permit may not be any faster.

Reactions: jyotimishra

jyotimishra

Feb 16, 2020
No one can tell you. Assume you have admission to a college or univeristy. You need to show the funds to pay for tuition funds to support yourself. You need to show education and career advancement in your home country (justify spending the money), ties to home country (job, family etc). Overall you need to show that you will have a better paying job in your home country after the program and that the program builds on current education. So if you have a degree, consider a Masters program.

Given timelines a study permit may not be any faster.
Actually my doubt is will my visa get rejected because my husband is already there in Canada ? They might think that i can go for spousal visa but i am taking education visa.

After marriage instead of applying spousal visa i am choosing eduction visa. Thats my doubt. Can we do this or not ?

And one more thing is i got LMIA approval. I can apply for work permit but i am doing that also just because it taking time.

So what you suggest ?