+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2021

PoojS123

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
Hi guys, any updates? I am thinking of whether to apply for OWP (14 weeks) for my husband or TRV (78 days) - not sure how accurate this indicative timelines are.

vic777

Dec 14, 2020
Hi guys, any updates? I am thinking of whether to apply for OWP (14 weeks) for my husband or TRV (78 days) - not sure how accurate this indicative timelines are.
Those timelines are updated every week based on the time taken to process most complete applications until that week.

I believe the choice of TRV vs OWP should be based on the type of visa that is most appropriate for your situation so that you have greater chances for approval.

jyotimishra

Feb 16, 2020
Hi,

If i apply for spouse visa and its taking time like more than 6 months then can i apply education visa in between spouse visa ?

And my doubt is will they approve education visa or it will get rejected ?

kashyap1992

Aug 9, 2021
hello group I applied for my study permit along with SOWP for my wife and its been 2 months haven't recieved anything, can anyone on the same timeline reply to have a proper talk and if anyone knows how much time it takes please do reply and also anyone applied combinedly and received their visa please do suggest how to proceed

kashyap1992

Aug 9, 2021
its 6 weeks from the day we submit complete application .
hi kanwar this is kashyap, can I please know how could you estimate it , is it based on the IRCC timeline or is it your own experience, if so I would like to know how your processing time is please do let me know as I also have applied last month combinedly for both Study permit and SOWP

miucchi

Aug 11, 2021
Hi. I just want to ask about my application. My husband and I applied from Japan. He is a Japanese, I'm a non-Japanese. He applied for an employer specific work permit, while an open work permit for me. We applied on July 14. His application got approved on August 5. Mine is still processing. May I ask for an idea how long it will take for mine to have a decision? Here's what I see in the IRCC account.

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
  • Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Review of medical results: July 23, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
  • Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
  • Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics: July 20, 2021 Completed.
  • Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

kashyap1992

Aug 9, 2021
March 2021. Any updates??
Hey I applied in May and got medicals for SOWP also updated now after 4 months. The process before said we will inform when reviewing starts , now it changed to reviewing application. What is your update please inform

kashyap1992

Aug 9, 2021
Anybody please help , after receiving update that application is being reviewed for eligibility how many days did it take to recieve the correspondence letter that saying eligible

mithrans

Star Member
Aug 8, 2020
Hey I applied in May and got medicals for SOWP also updated now after 4 months. The process before said we will inform when reviewing starts , now it changed to reviewing application. What is your update please inform
Review just started. Medical not updated