+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Online processing time 16 weeks on CIC site..... but it is expected, within 4-5 weeks.. as cic mention on site that 72% officers working from Home for only online applications.....
So applied online..........

Your application in process???

Thanks
4-5 weeks is very fast. That isn't typical processing time. Can you attach the link. Haven't seen that information about percentage working from home. Thanks!

Happy1064

Jul 3, 2020
4-5 weeks is very fast. That isn't typical processing time. Can you attach the link. Haven't seen that information about percentage working from home. Thanks!
June 17th, 2020 / 12:55 p.m.
Catrina Tapley Deputy Minister, Department of Citizenship and Immigration
Currently about 71% or 72% of our employees are working either from home or in the workplace. The number working in the workplace is quite small, only about 2% or 3% of our employees.
We are now beginning the process of bringing people back into the work site and, as you can imagine, there are some challenges with that. It will be a while before we are all back at the work site, but we have identified priorities and we're bringing people back into those sites safely.

rxrzguanco

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Thank you. :)
No. Correspondence letter only.
I have submitted my application(Paper based) with passport and now under "Document Status" i can see my passport number, visa validity, file number etc updated ...
Hello, when are you planning to travel to Canada, I had my owp approved last 29th June and planning to travel end of this month.

Usha_R

May 25, 2020
We need to apply now. Worried about this 16 week wait time. It is too long of a wait especially after getting a refusal.

Usha_R

May 25, 2020
Online processing time 16 weeks on CIC site..... but it is expected, within 4-5 weeks.. as cic mention on site that 72% officers working from Home for only online applications.....
So applied online..........

Your application in process???

Thanks
The Immigration Officer,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC),
Case Processing Centre, Canada

Is this address fine while addressing cover letter or letter of explanation while applying from India?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
June 17th, 2020 / 12:55 p.m.
Catrina Tapley Deputy Minister, Department of Citizenship and Immigration
Currently about 71% or 72% of our employees are working either from home or in the workplace. The number working in the workplace is quite small, only about 2% or 3% of our employees.
We are now beginning the process of bringing people back into the work site and, as you can imagine, there are some challenges with that. It will be a while before we are all back at the work site, but we have identified priorities and we're bringing people back into those sites safely.
Thanks. Thought you were talking about current data. Seems like the percentage working in the offices started increasing a few weeks ago when a lot of processing started again. Still a long way to go.

rxrzguanco

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
The Immigration Officer,

Is this address fine while addressing cover letter or letter of explanation while applying from India?
Hi, I applied last 17th March and got approved 29th June coz i wasn’t able to provide my pccs for almost 3months coz of covid. I did not attach any invitation letter.

I just used this address when I did my LOE.

Visa Officer
Embassy of Canada

Usha_R

May 25, 2020
Hi, I applied last 17th March and got approved 29th June coz i wasn’t able to provide my pccs for almost 3months coz of covid. I did not attach any invitation letter.

I just used this address when I did my LOE.

Visa Officer
Embassy of Canada
The Immigration Officer,

Is this fine?

Baradwaj

Feb 9, 2020
Hi guys,
Need your inputs
My GCMS notes shows my file is approved on may 6th, but there is no update in my profile.
Can i raise a webform regarding this??
Cause i'm in USA on my visit visa and my 6 months stay will be end by this month.

Reactions: Kb1990