+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2016 applicants

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
asdfgh123 said:
Dear All,
I am writing this post understanding the lack of knowledge we all feel in this regards and the pain you have to take to grab all that knowledge.
I am writing all the details you will need for Spouse open work permit for international students. Wink I am a full time international student here in Canada. I came here in Sept 2016 intake. Just after landing in Canada in September 2016, i applied for open work permit for my spouse. I got married in 2015 and just after coming here i applied online with all these docs.
Applicant's docs (My spouse):
Passport
Highest education degree
Marriage Certificate
Marriage Picture (For assuring marriage was genuine)
Experience Letter from current employer (If working somewhere in India or your home country)
Medical Examination

My documents as sponsor:
Passport
Study Permit
College offer letter
College id card(To prove that i am successfully enrolled and studying full time)
Family info Form (Can download from CIC website)

I applied online with a fee of CAD 255 and created and uploaded all docs online.
No attestation required, no hassle at all.

These are the only docs i provided and with the grace of god, she got her visa in a month. Cheesy In the first week of this month she got her visa stamped.

All the people who are tying for same, feel free to shoot me a mail if any doubts are there. If you follow the correct procedure, this is really very easy and non hectic procedure to get your loved ones here with u.
All the best to all. Grin Grin
Hi there, congrats first of all, can u tell me which VFS it was? I've also applied in April 28th through VFS chandigarh but no response yet.

Justin william

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Guys plzzz help.... :(

Applied papper based application for sowp,
Applied - 4th oct 2016
Application linked,,,
Current status - OPEN
Medical - PASSED

And when i check my status on cic website by my application number it sayz "open" , and also

"Your application for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) has been received.
A review of your file is underway. Information on the status of your eTA will be
emailed to you within 72 hours".

I have no clue what this is,,
kindly Rivert,

sgsiri

Jul 24, 2016
Justin william said:
Guys plzzz help.... :(

Applied papper based application for sowp,
Applied - 4th oct 2016
Application linked,,,
Current status - OPEN
Medical - PASSED

And when i check my status on cic website by my application number it sayz "open" , and also

"Your application for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) has been received.
A review of your file is underway. Information on the status of your eTA will be
emailed to you within 72 hours".

I have no clue what this is,,
kindly Rivert,
It means, your application is being processed.

Justin william said:
Information on the status of your eTA will be
emailed to you within 72 hours
This is common statement for everyone when you check eTA status

Do post the link you used to check the status. It will be of use for others too.
Good Luck!

sgsiri

Jul 24, 2016
Hello All,

My husband had applied for SOWP on October 11th.
Was able to link application.
Current status is "Open" with medical passed.

Any idea how long it is taking for final decision after medical is passed?

Thanks in advance.

drnadiaj

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
hey all ,
i am going to apply tomorrow my study permit application i just want to ask i am also submitting my spouse open work permit application too .
like i have written a explanation letter why i choose college why i choose this degree etc so can any one know here this type of letter do my spouse also have to write to address embassy that he is applying with me ??????//
i already mention him in my letter as he will be in open work permit with no proper work arrangement.can anybody help me ?

veritas

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone! I got my SOWP today. My spouse is a student. I applied from Islamabad, Pakistan. Below is my timeline:

Application submitted: 13th June
Medical request: 7th October (sent CSE as I had submitted upfront medical)
Medical Passed: 16th October
Approval email: 14th November
Passport received: 15th November

My application was processed in Abu Dhabi and the passport was also stamped in Abu Dhabi.

I hope my experience can give hope to those applying from Pakistan.

Ahora

Aug 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
I applied for Lmia to get work permit on 20th June for NOC 1122 , I married and have 2 children 16 & 15 .
Question is can I apply to get visa for them after approve my work permit visa or not?

RAP20

Nov 16, 2016
Hi Everyone,I'm new here and this is my first post.
My husband is in canada,he is a skilled worker. i have applied for spouse open work permit on october17th (paper based at vfs pune) with upfront medicals. i tried to track my application, it shows your application is being processed. :-X i tried to link my paper based application to GCKeys account cic but it shows no account matches :'( ! please help how can i get updates and also when i can expect reply from immigration? I'm worried because earlier i had applied for TRV twice and it got refused.and also does this earlier TRV refusal will affect my spouse open work permit application ? waiting for reply
thanks in advance ;D

sjp123

Aug 20, 2016
Visa Office......
NovaScotia
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
03-01-2017
Nomination.....
21-03-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
Hi All ,(experts and especially FKL)

Request help. We are PNP PR applicants ,got File number(AOR) last month.
My wife is the Principal applicant got work permit and joined recently.
What are the documents I have to produce for my SOWP.

Following documents are enough?

1 My wife two salary slip
2 PNP nomination expired so Is it required to produce Acknowledge of receipt (PR) mail ?
3 My bank statement( How much amount required?)
4 Marriage certificate(We both together applied for PR so is it required?)

navi9

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
hi all, i've applied sowp for my wife oct 25, she has done her medicals after 1 week. just got passport request but we didn't submitted medicals. However in the account it shows medicals as passed. Im wondering if this could be a technical error. can any one help me with this thank you.

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
navi9 said:
hi all, i've applied sowp for my wife oct 25, she has done her medicals after 1 week. just got passport request but we didn't submitted medicals. However in the account it shows medicals as passed. Im wondering if this could be a technical error. can any one help me with this thank you.
You mentioned your wife has done her medicals, so didn't she submit the medicals then?

navi9

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
Unsung said:
You mentioned your wife has done her medicals, so didn't she submit the medicals then?
no we applied online and waiting for medicals request but got passport request. when i opened account it's showing medicals passed

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
navi9 said:
no we applied online and waiting for medicals request but got passport request. when i opened account it's showing medicals passed
Okay but u also mentioned that she has done her medicals after one week. Can u shed some light on this? Did she go through medicals upfront?