+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

South Korea Police Certificates

_a_k_

Dec 19, 2023
1. Ideally u shud upload what they asked for without any stamps. Is that possible even with allminwon its not as they put not to be submitted big stamp in red on that.
2. nobody can guarantee alminwon its all visa officer discretion
3. show a big LOE with all communications u tried to get what they asked for and its not possible. Submit the PCC issued by korea police (not the lapsed record one) and explain with LOE. It has worked for few members for sure. Few members might havegot rejetion again so its all on Visa officer.

My application is under process in AOR stage only so can't tell it works or not.
@kmsbytes Hi, did the PCC issued by Korea police without lapsed records and LOE work out for you in acquiring PR?
Same situation in 2023 and wondering if a written confirmation from the Consulate would be enough stating that they won't provide lapsed records?

I see that they'll provide the written confirmation (https://overseas.mofa.go.kr/ca-toronto-en/brd/m_5266/view.do?seq=760552&page=1). Please help! Thanks.

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Few of my non-Korean friends got work permit approved using normal police certificate (and NOt lapsed record etc). I feel now the Canada IRCC has updated rules so foreigners (nonkoreans) don't need the lapsed record. So the mess is now solved. Just get normal PCC from embassy or Any korean police station. No need to pay a dollar to get the same.

Reactions: _a_k_

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
So be happy whosoever comes to this thread. the mess is over.. God only can help canadians who has the sin of rejecting so many PR and work permit applications just because they didn't updated and synced up with Korean Laws. So many life changed/deestroyed due to demi-Gods in IRCC who were showing their powers to people for no fault of theirs.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/korea-south.html

Name of the document you need

Korean nationals
You must submit a criminal (investigation) records check report (범죄· 수사경력 회보서) where the “scope of reference” indicates “For permission of foreign country immigration and stay” (외국 입국 체류 허가용).
Foreign nationals
If you’re a foreign national who has lived in South Korea for 6 consecutive months or longer since the age of 18, you must submit a background check (criminal records) certificate (신원조사(범죄경력)증명서).

Reactions: tham_son and _a_k_