+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

south african wanting to go to Canada

Dinto

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
Hello I am thirty one years old female from South Africa... I work at a gas station and have made friends with someone in Canada that wants me to visit.... they are going to pay my travel and visit expenses.... I own a house in South Africa
My question is will I be denied a visitors visa because I have to quit my job as my employer will not give me the necessary leave of absence....

thank you...

Is it easy to get a visitors permit to Canada? I have never traveled before...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I wouldn't say it's easy to get a visitors permit for Canada. There are certainly many people who are refused.

To be approved, you must demonstrate that you are only coming to Canada as a tourist, have strong ties to your home country, have enough funds to pay for your trip and have no plans to stay in Canada long term.

If you have never traveled outside of SA before or have not traveled extensively, that will work against you.

It would be better if you showed you had enough funds to pay for the trip (rather than saying your friend will cover your costs).

You should show as much proof as possible that you have strong ties to your home country (e.g. property ownership, bank accounts, business ownership, rental agreement, employment, school enrolment, etc.). The fact that you quit your job and can't show employment will work against you.

Good luck applying.

Dinto

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
Thank you for your reply, the canadian consolut told me that using my bank statements would be o.k. as for the quitting the job I really don't know....

Thats why I joined this forum to make sure we use the right approach to get her qualified for a visa

any input would be appreciated...

mmadsen55

Jul 11, 2011
I must first empnasize that I am not suggesting you lie...With that said, have you already quit your job or would you quit in the future IF you receive a VISA and are able to travel.

If you are employed at the time you submit the VISA applicaiton, it is acceptible for you note that you are currently employed. You are not required to tell them that you plan to quit if you get the VISA.

This part of the other post is key..."You should show as much proof as possible that you have strong ties to your home country (e.g. property ownership, bank accounts, business ownership, rental agreement, employment, school enrolment, etc.)."

Dinto

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
Does anyone Know if a Canadian can send the letter of invitation from South Africa as that is were I am now... and the person requesting a visa is.... If I include a photocopy of my passport and birth certificate is this not enough? Also I am wondering about my bank statements it says no internet bank statements... I can only retrieve my bank statements via the internet at this point!

thank you