+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sos please advise

Shirlaud

Apr 16, 2017
I applied for refugee status along with my wife and we were approved now 1 year later cic still says processing application for PR and it seems it will be another 2 years. The thing is I have a 10 year old daughter back home that I have also applied for in the Pr application but it seems like it will be forever. I wanted to stay here in Canada for the opportunity of a better life and to be free but I miss my daughter so much to the point where I am just overwhelmingly depressed please does anyone out there know if I can apply for a trv for her to visit me. I just want so bad to hold my babygirl a f see her face without the internet. Please anyone give me your updates on what i can do to see my child. I feel like a horrible mother for leaving my child without her mother for already 2 years now. Any advice will help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately getting her a trv will likely be impossible because you are a protected person. The only option would be for you both to go to a 3rd country to meet other than your home country. Since you can't use your passport the country would need to accept your refugee travel document. You would need to apply for the document. Information is on the forum or online.

Reactions: jack_2001