+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sop letter for cullinary arts diploma.Please review if ok

snakedoctor

Dec 21, 2017
Harare,Zimbabwe

Re:Application for study permit to study Culinary Diploma in the Fall 2018 at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology.

I am writing this letter to request a study permit in order to pursue my Two year diploma starting in Fall 2018 in Culinary Arts at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology.

1.Purpose of pursuing Culinary Diploma at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology.

I have just recently completed my high school at Lingfield Academy in August 2017 and have been accepted to study Culinary arts Diploma at Nait.

The main goal of my pursuit in this diploma is to develop essential culinary skills to fulfil my career objective of becoming a professional chef.

During the first year of the program, I intend to attain a sound knowledge of kitchen fundamentals and core culinary theory. This includes the preparation of meats , poultry, seafood, cold foods and desserts. I will compliment these practical skills by training in nutrition, sanitation, trade math and personal and professional management.In the second year of training, I look forward to acquiring a strong culinary finesse as a chef by undertaking courses such as the principles of gastronomy and culinary management, international cuisine and culture, contemporary cuisine, menu management and purchasing management. This will equip me with the necessary skills to face any challenges in the culinary industry.

The Chef in residence programme was most interesting at NAIT. The programme is the first of its kind Canada .In this program students get a unique opportunity to learn from the best Chefs in the world .I look forward to this unique opportunity to learn from well known Chefs like Chef David Adjey from Food Network and Lynn Crawford of The Food Network Restaurant amongst others.This exposure will definitely enhance my future career prospects back home .

One of the main reasons for choosing NAIT was the state of the art Culinary Arts Lab.The Lab is is equipped with state of the art equipment ,Induction heatless cooking elements,Baxter rotating decks and modern cookware from world class manufactures. I have convinced such learning experience will help me achieve my career objective to a be professional chef .The hands on experience will be of value to my future employers ..

I have also considered educational institutions in Australia, South Africa and the United Kingrom but after careful research Canada stood out in terms of affordability ,cultural diversity and low crime rates.

Zimbabwean Culinary Institutes are mostly recently established and not internationally reputable. It will be very limiting if i am to undertake my studies in Zimbabwe .Zimbabwean culinary institutes lacks the sophistication and variety that I intend to experience in Canada. Zimbabwe also lags behind in cultural diversity that as opposed to Canada.Culinary institutes in my home country are not well equipped.Studies are sometimes disrupted by electricity cuts disrupting the the learning process.There is also a general brain drain of experienced instructors compromising the educational experience .

2.Overall Educational goal

I intend to take advantage of the growing tourism sector in my home country and intend to take up opportunities that are arising from the growing tourism and hotel sector in Zimbabwe .Zimbabwe tourism and hotel sector is growing . Clients include returning residents,tourists business people who prefer international cuisine. A qualification from NAIT one of the best colleges in Alberta will give me an competitive advantage over other candidate securing employment in the Hotels, Lodges and Institutional canteens in the tourism sector in my country .

Ties with home country .

Upon successfully completing my 2 years of training, I intend to return to my beloved home country Zimbabwe. My parents are citizens residents of Zimbabwe and have immovable property so I would like to come back and take care of them in their old age. This is my duty as their youngest child and as their only daughter.

As an African, family ties are very important and I would also like to be geographically close to my three brothers,their families and of whom are currently residing in the neighboring by South Africa where they are pursuing successful careers.

Financing my studies

My studies will be financed by my brother who is currently a resident in South Africa .My first year tuition will be CAD8000 and living expenses and travel expenses of CAD12000. My brother will sponsor my studies and has provided a letter of sponsorship ,proof of funds in the form and proof of income and savings.

Closing statement summarising your intentions

Thank you in advance for your kind consideration in considering my application for study permit to study Culinary Arts Diploma at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology.

Yours sincerely

Shaz 786

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
07-11-2017
Harare,Zimbabwe

Re:Application for study permit to study Culinary Diploma in the Fall 2018 at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology.

I am writing this letter to request a study permit in order to pursue my Two year diploma starting in Fall 2018 in Culinary Arts at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology.

1.Purpose of pursuing Culinary Diploma at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology.

I have just recently completed my high school at Lingfield Academy in August 2017 and have been accepted to study Culinary arts Diploma at Nait.

The main goal of my pursuit in this diploma is to develop essential culinary skills to fulfil my career objective of becoming a professional chef.

During the first year of the program, I intend to attain a sound knowledge of kitchen fundamentals and core culinary theory. This includes the preparation of meats , poultry, seafood, cold foods and desserts. I will compliment these practical skills by training in nutrition, sanitation, trade math and personal and professional management.In the second year of training, I look forward to acquiring a strong culinary finesse as a chef by undertaking courses such as the principles of gastronomy and culinary management, international cuisine and culture, contemporary cuisine, menu management and purchasing management. This will equip me with the necessary skills to face any challenges in the culinary industry.

The Chef in residence programme was most interesting at NAIT. The programme is the first of its kind Canada .In this program students get a unique opportunity to learn from the best Chefs in the world .I look forward to this unique opportunity to learn from well known Chefs like Chef David Adjey from Food Network and Lynn Crawford of The Food Network Restaurant amongst others.This exposure will definitely enhance my future career prospects back home .

One of the main reasons for choosing NAIT was the state of the art Culinary Arts Lab.The Lab is is equipped with state of the art equipment ,Induction heatless cooking elements,Baxter rotating decks and modern cookware from world class manufactures. I have convinced such learning experience will help me achieve my career objective to a be professional chef .The hands on experience will be of value to my future employers ..

I have also considered educational institutions in Australia, South Africa and the United Kingrom but after careful research Canada stood out in terms of affordability ,cultural diversity and low crime rates.

Zimbabwean Culinary Institutes are mostly recently established and not internationally reputable. It will be very limiting if i am to undertake my studies in Zimbabwe .Zimbabwean culinary institutes lacks the sophistication and variety that I intend to experience in Canada. Zimbabwe also lags behind in cultural diversity that as opposed to Canada.Culinary institutes in my home country are not well equipped.Studies are sometimes disrupted by electricity cuts disrupting the the learning process.There is also a general brain drain of experienced instructors compromising the educational experience .

I intend to take advantage of the growing tourism sector in my home country and intend to take up opportunities that are arising from the growing tourism and hotel sector in Zimbabwe .Zimbabwe tourism and hotel sector is growing . Clients include returning residents,tourists business people who prefer international cuisine. A qualification from NAIT one of the best colleges in Alberta will give me an competitive advantage over other candidate securing employment in the Hotels, Lodges and Institutional canteens in the tourism sector in my country .

Ties with home country .

Upon successfully completing my 2 years of training, I intend to return to my beloved home country Zimbabwe. My parents are citizens residents of Zimbabwe and have immovable property so I would like to come back and take care of them in their old age. This is my duty as their youngest child and as their only daughter.

As an African, family ties are very important and I would also like to be geographically close to my three brothers,their families and of whom are currently residing in the neighboring by South Africa where they are pursuing successful careers.

Financing my studies

My studies will be financed by my brother who is currently a resident in South Africa .My first year tuition will be CAD8000 and living expenses and travel expenses of CAD12000. My brother will sponsor my studies and has provided a letter of sponsorship ,proof of funds in the form and proof of income and savings.

Thank you in advance for your kind consideration in considering my application for study permit to study Culinary Arts Diploma at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology.

Yours sincerely
Looks good man

sagarvijay6

Dec 7, 2017
Harare,Zimbabwe

Ties with home country .

Financing my studies

Yours sincerely

Looks good and all the best for your future...

nb92

Aug 30, 2018
Hi!

Did you get the visa? Any update? I am looking for culinary schools too!

Harare,Zimbabwe

Ties with home country .

Financing my studies

Yours sincerely

amirtha1922

Feb 4, 2019
Harare,Zimbabwe

Ties with home country .

Financing my studies

Yours sincerely
Did u get the visq