+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Something strange in my eligibility review

Kr02612

Jun 15, 2019
Hello everyone,
My previous study permit was refused from Vienna, Austria based on purpose of visit and I re-applied on 16th of July. Yesterday, something strange happened. 2 days back I received a correspondence letter for biometric validity so I was hoping a decision yesterday since it is pretty obvious and normal to get a decision after receiving that letter. After not receiving any decision letter yesterday, I logged into my account and I saw that my application is updated and what I saw was strange. Everyone's eligibility review changes from "we will send you a message when we start reviewing...... to we are reviewing whether you meet...." But in my application it changed again to "we will send you a message when we start reviewing.... from we are reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirements" How can it change in reverse? Should I believe that visa officer made a decision on my application but sent for further assistance to another visa officer since I had rejection before?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hello everyone,
My previous study permit was refused from Vienna, Austria based on purpose of visit and I re-applied on 16th of July. Yesterday, something strange happened. 2 days back I received a correspondence letter for biometric validity so I was hoping a decision yesterday since it is pretty obvious and normal to get a decision after receiving that letter. After not receiving any decision letter yesterday, I logged into my account and I saw that my application is updated and what I saw was strange. Everyone's eligibility review changes from "we will send you a message when we start reviewing...... to we are reviewing whether you meet...." But in my application it changed again to "we will send you a message when we start reviewing.... from we are reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirements" How can it change in reverse? Should I believe that visa officer made a decision on my application but sent for further assistance to another visa officer since I had rejection before?

Could’ve been that the file was sent to CBO for review , and that officer reviews it .

Happened to me before .

CBO = Canada Based Officer .

Kr02612

Jun 15, 2019
Could’ve been that the file was sent to CBO for review , and that officer reviews it .

Happened to me before .

CBO = Canada Based Officer .
Thank you for your reply. I believe that in case of the rejection, they won't sent it further. What was their decision on your application later?

Kr02612

Jun 15, 2019
wow its so rare for an austrian to get rejected

is it because theres something wrong in your profile, like say you applied for a lower tier course?
Nope. I live in the Netherlands, all visa applications from the NL are processed in Vienna and I am an Indian. I applied for a post degree diploma after a bachelor's degree. They were just not convinced that after having a bachelors degree and some work experience in designing field, why I am going for a post degree diploma? I was like, you want me to go for a phd? (Well I didnt say that but it was in my mind).
In visa officer's e notes, it was mentioned that I want an access to a Canadian labor market by using study permit. That was strange. I mean why a guy will pay money (for tuition fees) to earn in CAD while he is earnimg in Euros which is a lot higher currency against Indian rupees than the CAD. How is that possible?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Thank you for your reply. I believe that in case of the rejection, they won't sent it further. What was their decision on your application later?
Was approved .

It’s only my perception that your file has been sent for final review.

Keep us updated !

Reactions: Kr02612

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Nope. I live in the Netherlands, all visa applications from the NL are processed in Vienna and I am an Indian. I applied for a post degree diploma after a bachelor's degree. They were just not convinced that after having a bachelors degree and some work experience in designing field, why I am going for a post degree diploma? I was like, you want me to go for a phd? (Well I didnt say that but it was in my mind).
In visa officer's e notes, it was mentioned that I want an access to a Canadian labor market by using study permit. That was strange. I mean why a guy will pay money (for tuition fees) to earn in CAD while he is earnimg in Euros which is a lot higher currency against Indian rupees than the CAD. How is that possible?
Yeah that’s a bummer.
Very rarely does someone get approved for choosing a lower level of education and different field.

Kr02612

Jun 15, 2019
Yeah that’s a bummer.
Very rarely does someone get approved for choosing a lower level of education and different field.
Yeah but I am not going to study at a lower level, that's the thing. I have a bachelor's degree and I am going to study at post-graduate level and minimum admission requirement for a post degree or post graduate diploma is a bachelor's degree. So it is pretty obvious I'll be studying at higher level than my current degree.

Kr02612

Jun 15, 2019
Was approved .

It’s only my perception that your file has been sent for final review.

Keep us updated !
Today my application updated and final decision section says your application was approved and also got original passport request. I got 2 correspondence letter and both of them are for fingerprint validity. No letter for visa approval. But I am happy now.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Today my application updated and final decision section says your application was approved and also got original passport request. I got 2 correspondence letter and both of them are for fingerprint validity. No letter for visa approval. But I am happy now.

Congrats

Just like I assumed

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
An ETA is of course only issued to visa exempt passport holders so an Indian passport holder regardless of residence requires a visa (TRV) not an ETA

Reactions: Kr02612

Kr02612

Jun 15, 2019
then maybe the letter requesting for your passport will arrive soon
I got the passport request letter and I am on my way to Germany to submit it. Drinking coffee at the station, to be precise
Actually I havent received port of entry letter. You have any idea when I can expect it?