+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Someone is messing up and deliberately deleting data from the online Excel Sheet

Ghost13

Apr 30, 2017
Toronto
Dear Moderators,

As stated in the title above, someone is intentionally deleting data from the online Citizenship Application Excel Sheet. They have unfortunately and successfully deleted all of the data of March, April and May 2017 so far.

What I suggest is to limit public access onto the document and make it available only for viewing. Only few trusted persons should be allowed to add/edit/remove entries to/from the sheet.

If any update on one's case, please post it in this thread and it shall be updated in the sheet. Here's my time line. Please add it to the sheet:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 3, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 11, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on March 31, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on April 26, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Reactions: mickey_mouse

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Moderators,

As stated in the title above, someone is intentionally deleting data from the online Citizenship Application Excel Sheet. They have unfortunately and successfully deleted all of the data of March, April and May 2017 so far.

What I suggest is to limit public access onto the document and make it available only for viewing. Only few trusted persons should be allowed to add/edit/remove entries to/from the sheet.

If any update on one's case, please post it in this thread and it shall be updated in the sheet. Here's my time line. Please add it to the sheet:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 3, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 11, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on March 31, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on April 26, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Ghost13, @imran01 is the sheet creator and moderator. I am tagging him so he can help.

I have a backup for the sheet but it's 2 months old, so we will lose the latest updates that people had. I'm not sure who is deleting the data, but it has happened a few times deliberately since I've been engaged in this forum. Someone actually puts in a lot of effort to mess up all the data. It looks like there are those who do not want us to share such data among ourselves for some reason (conspiracy theory anyone)?

Reactions: Ghost13

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Agree some one is messing every thing up. Make spread sheets write protected.Some looser or rejected applicant is doing that.some scum bug

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ghost13

Ghost13

Apr 30, 2017
Toronto
Agree some one is messing every thing up. Make spread sheets write protected.Some looser or rejected applicant is doing that.some scum bug
Precisely! Someone is wiping off every single data in that file, thus it has to be write-protected in its entirety. Hope we hear from those who originally created the file.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ghost13

Apr 30, 2017
Toronto
Ghost13, @imran01 is the sheet creator and moderator. I am tagging him so he can help.

I have a backup for the sheet but it's 2 months old, so we will lose the latest updates that people had. I'm not sure who is deleting the data, but it has happened a few times deliberately since I've been engaged in this forum. Someone actually puts in a lot of effort to mess up all the data. It looks like there are those who do not want us to share such data among ourselves for some reason (conspiracy theory anyone)?
I have an old backup as well, but it's useless with all of the updates that has just occurred recently. Hopefully @imran01 has backup, hopefully he uploads it soon and make sure it's write-protected.

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
morning all,

actually since imran is already done it's been a while since I was maintaining the sheet. i was keeping track of sept 2016 - feb 17 but not the months after that.

i realize someone kept deleting the stuff; don't know why. i restored it many times already and since I am a Jan applicant I always had the jan sheet protected.

I won't be making this viewing only as this defeats the purpose of having a crowdsourced spreadsheet. Updates will be missed if it is viewing only. That said I am more than happy to make a few more people admins on the spreadsheet if you want to.

Kryss0522

Jan 26, 2017
Maybe it will be better to have someone among the month group to take care of the spreadsheet, one person per month.

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
morning all,

actually since imran is already done it's been a while since I was maintaining the sheet. i was keeping track of sept 2016 - feb 17 but not the months after that.

i realize someone kept deleting the stuff; don't know why. i restored it many times already and since I am a Jan applicant I always had the jan sheet protected.

I won't be making this viewing only as this defeats the purpose of having a crowdsourced spreadsheet. Updates will be missed if it is viewing only. That said I am more than happy to make a few more people admins on the spreadsheet if you want to.
May be its imran doing it...Where is Mr. Imran

Ghost13

Apr 30, 2017
Toronto
morning all,

Sure, we have to fix it and I'm willing to maintain it. Just tell me how.