+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOMEBODY PLEASE help me..

Amz153

Sep 22, 2012
I am from India, kerala.. i am planning to go to canada for doing one year PG diploma. i got conditional offer letter from Fanshawe college, London, Ontario. i am a software engineer (2012 pass out). i would like to know whether is it beneficial for me taking PG diploma from Fanshawe college.? and i wonder why everyone gives preference to other colleges like HUMBER , GEORGE BROWN, etc.. Is only the reason behind that is HUMBER , GEORge BROWN are in the main city?!

secondly, am in a double mind about taking one year PG diploma or two years PG diploma? i want to get a PR. so, which one should i choose?! i heard about doing two consecutive one year PG diploma .! is that a genuine solution to get a PR? Am not financially sound, so i cant rise the fund for two year pg diploma course. please tell me a solution.

and more, how about the career for a software engineer in canada? will i be able to get a good job? i got 72% in engineering and 7 overall for IELTS.

please please reply.....

tiger007

Champion Member
Amz153 said:
I am from India, kerala.. i am planning to go to canada for doing one year PG diploma. i got conditional offer letter from Fanshawe college, London, Ontario. i am a software engineer (2012 pass out). i would like to know whether is it beneficial for me taking PG diploma from Fanshawe college.? and i wonder why everyone gives preference to other colleges like HUMBER , GEORGE BROWN, etc.. Is only the reason behind that is HUMBER , GEORge BROWN are in the main city?!

secondly, am in a double mind about taking one year PG diploma or two years PG diploma? i want to get a PR. so, which one should i choose?! i heard about doing two consecutive one year PG diploma .! is that a genuine solution to get a PR? Am not financially sound, so i cant rise the fund for two year pg diploma course. please tell me a solution.

and more, how about the career for a software engineer in canada? will i be able to get a good job? i got 72% in engineering and 7 overall for IELTS.

please please reply.....

Hi,

If you do a min. 2 academic years/4 semesters/16 months of actual study course, then you will be eligible for a 3 years PGWP. Anything less than that... you will get PGWP equivalent to the length of the course.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

Having a 3 years PGWP is always advantageous, as it gives you enough time to figure out a way to stay back.

To get a PR, it will depend on the student immigration route you choose ranging from the federal CEC to many provincial nominee programmes available. Here's the link to list of all official student immigration programmes:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.0.html

You can go through the information provided on the official sites, and decide for yourself, which immigration programme will suit you most.

You have a good profile, you could have opted for a Master degree in university (research based or course based). University Master degrees are definitely a better option which will obviously put more weight in your resume and chances of getting that coveted job will also be higher. The higher ranked/more reputable the university is.. in which you are accepted... better it is for you and your career. But ultimately, getting a job will be on you and your individual strengths and bit of luck of course.

Most universities have Sept. intake. There are really affordable universities like the Memorial university, where not only fees are very low but accepted applicants have good chances of receiving grants and funding . You can consider applying for a Master degree for Sept. 2013 intake. In-case, you don't get accepted to any of the universities, there are always college level PG diploma/certificate courses you can keep it as second option.
Here's the list of recognized educational institutes which are eligible for OCWP+PGWP:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp

Go through the university websites, find suitable Master degrees, and start applying. You may find some universities which may have Jan 2013 intake, and in that case... you can immediately apply (provided application deadline is not over).

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

VPS123

May 10, 2012
Trivandrum, Kerala
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Amz153,

Me also from Kerala :), Why don't you try for University....University is the best option for PR compare to colleges....those who completed degree from Universities are eligible for direct PR when compared to college students(they required job offer to file PR)..your academic standing are also good..so try Universities don't go behind colleges.....

Amz153

Sep 22, 2012
thank u so much guys.... feels good hearing your suggestions. but still i have a doubt.. if i do masters,that will be a higher qualification,so it will be hindrance for me to work there in Canada. i should go in search of the jobs meeting my qualification. My ultimate aim is to get a PR.and more, i think after completing my graduation in india, before proceeding to do masters in canada, i need to prepare myself with the syllabus and things over there..thats the main reason,why i opt for PG diploma....

Well, is it good to do PG diploma? am in a dilemma to take decision about doing 1 year PG diploma or two year PG diploma.

Is Fanshawe college good?! what about doing two consecutive 1 year courses?! n more.. can i believe my agency, they says fanshawe college gets visa approval first!!
please respond.........
thank u once again........ :)

tiger007

Champion Member
Amz153 said:
thank u so much guys.... feels good hearing your suggestions. but still i have a doubt.. if i do masters,that will be a higher qualification,so it will be hindrance for me to work there in Canada. i should go in search of the jobs meeting my qualification. My ultimate aim is to get a PR.and more, i think after completing my graduation in india, before proceeding to do masters in canada, i need to prepare myself with the syllabus and things over there..thats the main reason,why i opt for PG diploma....

Well, is it good to do PG diploma? am in a dilemma to take decision about doing 1 year PG diploma or two year PG diploma.

Is Fanshawe college good?! what about doing two consecutive 1 year courses?! n more.. can i believe my agency, they says fanshawe college gets visa approval first!!
please respond.........
thank u once again........ :)
Hi,

What kind of logic is this? :-X
"if i do masters,that will be a higher qualification,so it will be hindrance for me to work there in Canada. i should go in search of the jobs meeting my qualification"

No it will not be a hindrance, provided you have skills and talent.

Another nonsense logic: :eek:
"i think after completing my graduation in india, before proceeding to do masters in canada, i need to prepare myself with the syllabus and things over there..thats the main reason,why i opt for PG diploma...."

No, You need not do such preparation. If that would be the case, all Master students would have done 1 year PG certificate/diploma course before. If you have the potential to enter a Master's course, it will be an absolute waste of time and money to pursue a PG cert./diploma level course in college. Colleges are really good option for trades, apprenticeship programmes and practical diplomas like Hotel management etc.

Finally, if you have decided on doing a PG diploma/certificate course form a college, then pursue it..as final success ultimately depend on the individual but don;t give such lame reasons and logic. ;)

Besides..if PR is all you care..do you know, that doing Master degree form any recognized university in provinces of Saskatchewan or Ontario will get you DIRECT PR?
Again...Here's the link to list of all official student immigration programmes:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.0.html

If you apply for a Master programme, by doing some research on your own...and can get admission to one... then chances of you getting visa will be much higher as compared to the Fanshawe college 1 year PG diploma course as suggested by your agent, who has most probably tie up with that college..and if you pursue it. the agent will receive hefty commission. that's it.

Doing Two consecutive 1year courses will give you NO guarantee of a 3 years PGWP. Although chances are high, if you pursue two 1 year courses of atleast 36 credit units each.

Pardon my direct answers.. but just wanted you to know the truth. Rest upto you.

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

wahab7

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-isb
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th oct
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
tiger007 said:
Hi,

What kind of logic is this? :-X
"if i do masters,that will be a higher qualification,so it will be hindrance for me to work there in Canada. i should go in search of the jobs meeting my qualification"

No it will not be a hindrance, provided you have skills and talent.

Another nonsense logic: :eek:
"i think after completing my graduation in india, before proceeding to do masters in canada, i need to prepare myself with the syllabus and things over there..thats the main reason,why i opt for PG diploma...."

No, You need not do such preparation. If that would be the case, all Master students would have done 1 year PG certificate/diploma course before. If you have the potential to enter a Master's course, it will be an absolute waste of time and money to pursue a PG cert./diploma level course in college. Colleges are really good option for trades, apprenticeship programmes and practical diplomas like Hotel management etc.

Finally, if you have decided on doing a PG diploma/certificate course form a college, then pursue it..as final success ultimately depend on the individual but don;t give such lame reasons and logic. ;)

Besides..if PR is all you care..do you know, that doing Master degree form any recognized university in provinces of Saskatchewan or Ontario will get you DIRECT PR?
Again...Here's the link to list of all official student immigration programmes:

If you apply for a Master programme, by doing some research on your own...and can get admission to one... then chances of you getting visa will be much higher as compared to the Fanshawe college 1 year PG diploma course as suggested by your agent, who has most probably tie up with that college..and if you pursue it. the agent will receive hefty commission. that's it.

Doing Two consecutive 1year courses will give you NO guarantee of a 3 years PGWP. Although chances are high, if you pursue two 1 year courses of atleast 36 credit units each.

Pardon my direct answers.. but just wanted you to know the truth. Rest upto you.

Best of Luck.

hey tiger what r the chances to get PR after completing masters from recognized uni in ON? I mean to say that everyone who apply for PR will get it, provided he have good grades in Masters?

also what r the possible ways to get PR if one get job in alberta province after completing his mastrs from ontario province?

thanks for ur time

tiger007

Champion Member
wahab7 said:
hey tiger what r the chances to get PR after completing masters from recognized uni in ON? I mean to say that everyone who apply for PR will get it, provided he have good grades in Masters?

also what r the possible ways to get PR if one get job in alberta province after completing his mastrs from ontario province?

thanks for ur time
Hi,

No one knows..what are the chances. All cases are individually assessed and then decision is made... whether to grant PR or not. Usually, if you fulfill the requirements for a particular immigration programme, and have no previous record in criminal activities/fraud , no health problems and all documents are genuine..then one should have no problem in getting PR. Same applies to Ontario International Student Category’s Masters Graduate Stream.

After a Master degree form Alberta based recognized university, and an open PGWP, various routes will be open to you. You can choose to stay in anywhere in Canada and apply via Federal CEC or various provincial nominee programmes, depending upon your job location.

To know about Alberta PNP and other student immigration programmes, visit the official links of various student immigration programmes, and check for yourself the requirements to apply under a specific student immig. programme...

Best of Luck.

pradeepzap

Dec 22, 2012
hi am from india(chennai). I have completed my engineering(ECE) and want to do PG DIPLOMA in project management. Is that good choice? . I am getting mixed views of PG-Diploma. Is tht have nice scope in canada? My ultimate aim is to get job. So please anyone help me.

Academic details: 10th- 77%
12th- 86%
UG - 66%(5 backlogs)

YogeshB

Dec 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Tiger
I am planning to apply for MEng Petroleum, Project base(regina, alberta and memorial university),
My profile is
2 years of Oil and Gas Field Experience (On-shore and Off-shore)
B.E. Petroleum Engineering - 67% (First class with Distinction) 4.4/5 GPA.
(In my University 66% is distinction and Candidate whom got 76% is University topper)
Diploma In Chemical Engineering - 74.72% (First Class)
S.S.C - 75.73% (First class with Distinction)
IELTS- 6.5

Shale i eligible for University Criteria.
And wht the chances to get PR in SK or AB
please help me....

larry007

Mar 7, 2013
Your comment is important

Hello people, I just completed my Bsc microbiology in Pune, and I want to further in Msc,but Canada require 16 years of study but am having 15years,is it possible to apply for a PG course with my 15yrs of study and after completing that can I apply for my master course ovethere? PLS I NEED YOUR HELP

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Your comment is important

Hi,

larry007 said:
Hello people, I just completed my Bsc microbiology in Pune, and I want to further in Msc,but Canada require 16 years of study but am having 15years,is it possible to apply for a PG course with my 15yrs of study and after completing that can I apply for my master course ovethere? PLS I NEED YOUR HELP

1. You can apply in a college with 15 years of education. You will be eligible for Masters with 16 years of education.

Manpreet_rieit

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Amz153 - You have decent percentage in Engineering. Dont know about your schooling.... but if that is also near about the same.... then u shud go for Masters. You have good chance in universities like Dalhousie, Concordia etc. Your acceptance chances will be hig if you apply for Course-based and not research based.

For Thesis they require the applicant to have some research experience and paper work n all. Which in India is the most ignored part in colleges and universities.

So in short.... dont go for PG Diploma if you can easily make it for Masters. And no, it wont have any effect on your job prospect. Rather Masters is better than PG Diploma and it wont be an over-education in any case.