+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

some silly questions in the forms..

exquisite_gal

Jul 24, 2009
Hello everyone,

I am a PR in Canada and am trying to sponsor my spouse outland application.

I have some confusion abt the forms ..plz help as I dunn want to end up filling it with wrong answers.

1) IMM 1344 A> PART A> Question 1> If you found ineligible to sponsor...indicate you want to...i) Withdraw your sponsorship..ii) To proceed with the application.

I want to select second option ..proceed ..but in guide they have mentioned that if you select option ii) they will process and refuse the application..(??)..why refuse,...and not decide..I do not understand....Plz help whch option shld I select..

2) On IMM 1344 A>PART C > 6> a..address of the sponsored person lives. Here I have given Indian address as my husband lives in India.
> b..If the above address..there is a Yes and No option.
I have selected Yes, they say answer c) which again is the same question..but they say if u select No..the application will still be processed at local visa office. This is highly confusing! Anycase, I want my husband's application to be processed at New Delhi, India.

Hoping to get answers..Thanks ...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) Why would you proceed with the application if you are found ineligible to sponsor? Obviously nothing will happen without a sponsor. If you read your application guide at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3900E.pdf you will see that at page 19 it tells you, if you choose to withdraw your sponsorship, you will get your fees returned. If you choose to continue, the file will be sent to local visa office where it will be refused, you will not get a refund but you can appeal.

2) In 6 b) they say "If the above address is not in the country of nationality of the person you are sponsoring..." which it is so this question is N/A and so is c). Cross over both b) and c) and write Not Applicable.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Leon said:
1) Why would you proceed with the application if you are found ineligible to sponsor? Obviously nothing will happen without a sponsor. If you read your application guide at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3900E.pdf you will see that at page 19 it tells you, if you choose to withdraw your sponsorship, you will get your fees returned. If you choose to continue, the file will be sent to local visa office where it will be refused, you will not get a refund but you can appeal.

2) In 6 b) they say "If the above address is not in the country of nationality of the person you are sponsoring..." which it is so this question is N/A and so is c). Cross over both b) and c) and write Not Applicable.
Because if the sponsor is found ineligible to sponsor the overseas office is the one that refuses. By not withdrawing the sponsor preserves their appeal rights and can appeal the refusal on H&C grounds. By withdrawing if found ineligible no appeal rights, application is finished.

PMM

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
PMM said:
Hi

Leon said:

- In summary it is wise to proceed on with the second option when application fee is not a concern for the applicant.

Because if the sponsor is found ineligible to sponsor the overseas office is the one that refuses. By not withdrawing the sponsor preserves their appeal rights and can appeal the refusal on H&C grounds. By withdrawing if found ineligible no appeal rights, application is finished.

PMM

mint

Jun 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

Leon said:

PMM
Hi, this is a bit old thread, but I have a question.
I am going to send our applications in-Canada class, then there is no point to chose "To proceed with the application for permanent residence" since in-land applicants have no rights to appeal? We are very confused by this question...
Thank you,
Mint