+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Some questions regarding the PR application

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Hi there,

hope you are all doing well.

I have a question regarding the PR application :-

1) I am asked to submit a birth certificate. My birth certificate is in Arabic and I have a translation of it from a translator from my home country sealed. However, do I need to ask him to send me by Email an affidavit ?

Or it is better to go re-translate the document at a certified translator in Montreal ( my current living city ) ?
And in that case, do I still need an affidavit ?

2) For the police certificates, it seems that it will take time to get them, in case I mail my application without them, do I need to mail them once I get them or I have to wait until IRCC contacts me regarding the police certifications?

Regards

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
1. Better to get it translated from some certified translator in Montreal. My ATIO certified translator gave me affidavit without me asking for it.

2. I was in similar situation and sent my PCC after AOR and before CIC asked for them.

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Okay so does any one recommend a certified translator in Montreal please ?

And for (2), Do you send it on the same address with a letter stating your document number or something ?

I'm afraid to submit my PR application without the PCC and hence they refuse it and return it as an incomplete application..