Waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2010
LANDED..........
13-01-2011
Hi all,

I am a new member here. I am still confusing about filling in a residential address into PR Family Class visa application (spouse), and if my wife and I put the wrong residential/mailing addresses to the forms, it might cause the delay of PRV process.Here is the situation:

I have been working outside Canada for 5 years, and I am currently living and working in Australia. My job makes me relocate somewhere every few years and I have been paying taxes in the countries where I have been working/living until now. I have been married to my wife for 2 years. We both are holding an Australian business visa and have been here for 1.5 years. I am the only person working while my wife is studying part time here.

I do not have my own house in Canada, but only my parents's address where I receive my bank statements only (main joint account with my wife). Here where we live in Australia, it is a housing rental, and we use this address for receiving our parents/relatives' letters and phone/ internet bills while using my working address for our local joint bank statements only. Most of the bills and her mobile phone bill are under my name except the joint bank statements. Here are my questions:

1) Due to my job makes me away mostly and so my wife is away from time to time, do you think which residential address should I fill in to the sponsorship form? Is it Australian housing rental address, Australian working address or my parent's address in Canada?

2) Due to my wife is going back to apply for PRV in her country, we think that the mailing address for sponsorship form, it should be my Australian working address, but I am unsure which residential address should I fill it in?

3) According to the immigrant from ( Part II for my wife), her residential address will be my Australian working/ our hoursing rental eswhile the mailing address will be her own country address, which one should she fill it in as we both want to show CIC we have been living together since we got maried, but the supporting docments we have, all addresses are in various places.

4) As I do not pay taxes in Canada since I left working abroad, so I have no recent 2 years tax payment of T4 & notice of accessment (only the latest years where I worked in Canada before working abroad). In this case, which documents should I support my sponsorship application as CIC needs the 2 latest years of paying taxes in Canada? Can I use my notice of assement in Australia (only 1 year) and the last2 years from another country instead?

5) As te phone bills are under my name, and we mostly use calling cards. I know that calling cards are unacceptable by CIC, and we lost some of our email communications and chat history, do you think which documents I should support our application and convince CIC that we live together and are genuine couple?

Thank you so much for your replies.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
So you have how many addresses? LOL

The residential address is where you live. So put down the address of where you live (ie where you sleep most nights). My guess would be this would be your home address in Australia.

The mailing address is where you wish to receive communication from CIC. Whenever they need to contact you (send you a letter), this is the address they will send the correspondence to. You can have a residential address in one country and the mailing address in another.

Since you'll be sending in evidence with multiple different addresses on them, I'd suggest including a letter that explains why the different addresses and what they are. With so many different addresses, you'll probably have a hard time proving where you and your wife actually live and that you live together. But that's ok, you don't have to prove this beyond doubt - since you are married, you are not required to live together. You do have to prove that the relationship is genuine though - for that use what you have (chat logs, emails, letters to each other, phone bills - even if you use calling cards, you can still send the bills that show those calls, they might not like it, but it's better than not sending anything, photos of you two together, letters from family to testify your relationship is genuine, anything you have in both your names (lease, joint bank accounts, life insurance,...) etc) and that it's legal - for that you have your marriage certificate.

The taxes thing won't be an issue. Just send what you have (the Australian notice of assessment) and explain you can't get Option C from Canada because you've not lived in Canada for a while and haven't filed taxes there. All you have to prove in order to be (financially) eligible to sponsor is that you're not bankrupt or on social assistance.

The thing you might have issues with is proving that you intend to move to Canada though, especially since your job requires you to live around the world. In order for your wife to get PR, you will have to prove that you intend to move to Canada when she gets the PR. Have you thought about that aspect?

And, to finish off, since your wife is currently living in Australia, she might be eligible to have here application processed in Australia instead of her home country. How long is her visa there valid for? You might consider trying to apply there if the visa of her home country has longer processing times.

annieann13

Star Member
Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2010
AOR Received.
09-07-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
02-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2010
LANDED..........
13-01-2011
Thank you for your prompt reply, mitamata.

I have thought about that, but I still do not know where I will be relocated in Canada,and we both agree that we do not want to wait for that long until my company tells me which location I will be working in Canada.

For that aspects, what my company can give the letter is where I am currently working, salary and how long my visa validity is, but they cannot tell/notify me if I request them a letter for my establishment in Canada. Another document that would be helpful is I have an agreement with my parents that I will help to pay off my parent's land and sign my parents's deed (will) by the time I get back to Canada (25% allocation), does this document help as the details on the will might not mention my name on it (but just talking), but my parents talked to the lawyer who will have me sign by the time I get back, and that will be valid. Does it help to support my establishment? If not, I may have to write my intention for my establishment, but I do not know if that is enough for supporting PR application?

For the calling card, it's local calling card here, so there is no bills showing our calls.

For my wife 's PR visa application, she can apply through Sydney office as Australia has shorter timeline process than her own country, but she does not want to waste time by doing nothing in Australia, at least she can study something she wants, work part-time, stay with her family and deal with all her documents for her new career by the time we get there while she is waiting for her visa approval.

Thank you

annieann13

Star Member
Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2010
AOR Received.
09-07-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
02-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2010
LANDED..........
13-01-2011
Does anyone else have this type of experience or could help me out? I'm still waiting for your replies.

Thank you

Cdnshaz

May 15, 2008
don't know if I am any help,
this is what I would do in your shoes..
As you do not know moving date, apply if OZ. Make sure wife gets police check from each country she has lived more then 6 months, inc her own country of origin. Get her medicals then..
Apply---Use your Oz addy..home one that is..
They will want proof you are returning to Canada, you can then get letter from parents saying you will stay there, if by chance you get transferred BEFORE she gets PR you can go and set up everything, as you said she has friends and family she can stay with...just update your addy with CIC. IF you get her PR and you still have no idea where to move, she can land in Canada and return to Oz with you and then go when you get the "word" to move.

For option C, I just sent note saying I reside permently out of Canada and have no option C. I didn't even provide proof of working here in UK, I did put it on my app, but sent no P60. You do not need to prove finances to sponsor spouse.
Send as much proof as you can to show proof of relationship/marriage ..copies of bills in both names, bank acct, life ins policy, credit cards, also send proof of your cdn bank acct (shows ties to Canada)

Don't stress over it, it is time consuming but not impossible to do..keep asking questions if you have any probs

annieann13

Star Member
Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2010
AOR Received.
09-07-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
02-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2010
LANDED..........
13-01-2011
Thank you for your reply, Cdnshaz.

For my parent's letter, does CIC accept Email instead of letter? I concern about my wife's police certs as well as they both have 3 months validation, and those may make her PRV process delay as it takes time to receive.

For ties in Canada, we have no Canadian joint account together, but another country only. That's what I still have no idea how I can convince CIC that I will settle down in Canada even though my job may make them think I may move out again. Do you have any other ideas of the proofs?

Thank you so much