+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Some question re. Visitor Application (my financial status)

deltajuno

Apr 14, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am a long time lurker, first time poster. Both I and my wife are Canadian citizens and we are hoping to have my in-law parents (in India) visit us this summer. Problem is I haven't had much of an income as i work part time and go to school as well and my wife just goes to school. My parents own a house and that is where we live with our kid. Since I am saving on rent, we are able to get by no problem and although, my parents are retired, there is rental income and old age pension from their end. My father in-law (In India), a retired govt employee gets a decent pension, owns a house and couple other properties and is I would say doing alright. My mother inlaw has always been a house wife.

My concern is, should I or my wife provide a promissory invitation letter stating that we are able to support the parents and provide accommodation etc or should my parents write the invitation letter? Overall, we have plenty of space and financial means to easily support them during the trip but my parents are also able to support themselves easily.

I've been told by someone to get my father to sponsor them due to us being students and working part time etc.

Please advise if possible as to what route I should take?

Thanks in advance.