11th July 2014
Passport Req..
9th Jan 2015
VISA ISSUED...
26th Jan 2015
LANDED..........
23rd Feb 2015
Hi

We got our CPR and PR visa on 26th .we have an international trip planned and are planning to "land" on our way back to toronto at Pearson international airport. I would like some details on what procedures takes place at landing and what documents apart from passport and CPR letter to carry with us. The instructions that came with the CPR just mentions to carry "personal papers"..anything in particular?

Also do they make is full out the form for the PR card at the time of landing?

Thanks...

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Yes take all of your important documents with you just in case.

The officers will ask you couple of questions, starting with what can I do for you today or what are you doing here, finishing with some security questions like have you ever been arrested, etc. Nothing major really just some routine questions that they are bound to ask.

Then they will ask you to sign your papers and provide them with an address in Canada so they can send you the PR card. They will hand you your rights as a PR on couple of papers and will read them out loud for you.

Then you are welcomed to Canada possibly with a small Canadian flag.

Happy landing. :)

rajapr17

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
rezafc said:
Yes take all of your important documents with you just in case.

The officers will ask you couple of questions, starting with what can I do for you today or what are you doing here, finishing with some security questions like have you ever been arrested, etc. Nothing major really just some routine questions that they are bound to ask.

Then they will ask you to sign your papers and provide them with an address in Canada so they can send you the PR card. They will hand you your rights as a PR on couple of papers and will read them out loud for you.

Then you are welcomed to Canada possibly with a small Canadian flag.

Happy landing. :)
When I have landed in Rainbow bridge, they didnt ask any thing except my current address to post the PR cards.
And they said you are now PR.

I suggest to carry your latest bank statements and pay slips if you are working and all your previous work permits...
Happy landing.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Oh well I landed in Vancouver, Peace Arch. I suppose it differs from officers to officers too. And possibly the time of landing. I was greeted by two funny officers.