+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Some Queries regarding Filling PR application after ITA

Ginish

May 21, 2019
Hi All,

I seeking some guidance on the below questions I have for filling up the PR application form.

1. First is regarding the option Has this person ever used any other name? (required), In few of my documents My name includes surname and in some its just the first name. None of my family members including my father or mother has surname in any document. For this I am submitted "One and the same person affidavit", Would it be sufficient? and shall i choose yes for the Question "Has this person ever used any other name? (required)".

2. When mentioning the address history , is it good to mention the temporary address too suppose if I stayed home at home in between the finishing of my course and starting another for few days or 1 month or if I stayed at an address for just 1 month?

3. For the national ID document, Should we only mention the Passport or submit any other official document there also?

4. I have worked briefly for a company for 8 months for which I m not claiming the CRS points, Shall I mention that in Work history or mentioning in the personal history will be sufficient?

5. Is it mandatory to submit Payslips for a previous job or the letters like experience letter and reference letter will be sufficient?

6. For making affidavit for the one and the same person shall we use stamp paper of 50 rupee ?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
1. Yes, you should say you used another name (since you did), and explain that in your LoE. It's not a big deal. The affidavit will be fine.
2. No need to mention places where you only stayed a few days. If you stayed a long time, then mention it. It should tally with your personal history.
3. Passport (assuming you're Indian) is enough. If you aren't Indian, it will depend on your country of citizenship.
4. Personal history
5. If you're claiming points for a job, it's better to submit payslips. If you don't have payslips, submit bank statements that show you were getting paid. It's not mandatory, but recommended.
6. Stamp value doesn't matter. It needs to be notarized properly, that's all.

Reactions: Ginish

Ginish

May 21, 2019
1. Yes, you should say you used another name (since you did), and explain that in your LoE. It's not a big deal. The affidavit will be fine.
2. No need to mention places where you only stayed a few days. If you stayed a long time, then mention it. It should tally with your personal history.
3. Passport (assuming you're Indian) is enough. If you aren't Indian, it will depend on your country of citizenship.
4. Personal history
5. If you're claiming points for a job, it's better to submit payslips. If you don't have payslips, submit bank statements that show you were getting paid. It's not mandatory, but recommended.
6. Stamp value doesn't matter. It needs to be notarized properly, that's all.
Thank you for a prompt response. I really appreciate your help.

Just a little Question here, Should we provide the LOE with each separate set of document explaining our stand and scenario separately for instance for financial, educational documents?

And do we need to have a stamp valid for immigration purposes on the afidavit or just attestation from the notary will suffice?

And while preparing the reference is it good to be elaborative or concise on job description.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thank you for a prompt response. I really appreciate your help.

Just a little Question here, Should we provide the LOE with each separate set of document explaining our stand and scenario separately for instance for financial, educational documents?

And do we need to have a stamp valid for immigration purposes on the afidavit or just attestation from the notary will suffice?

And while preparing the reference is it good to be elaborative or concise on job description.
One LoE is enough, though some choose to write one for each section. Doesn't really matter as long as you are organized and clear. I prefer one LoE over multiple.

The stamp value is meaningless for Canada. The affidavit needs to be a legal affidavit in your country, that's all. Follow the local rules for this kind of affidavit.

The job description needs to clearly match the NOC description.