+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Some police certificate questions

hhk1

Mar 8, 2023
I'm facing a bit of confusion regarding this scenario, and would appreciate any feedback. My timeline for the past 10 years is as follows:
Chronologically:
(Starting 4 months before 10 years ago) Country A: 3 months
Home country: 1 month
(10 years ago mark) Country A: 4 months
Country B: 4 years
Home Country: 2 years 2017-2019
Country B: 4 years (with 2 visits to home country, each 1 month long)

I have 2 questions, or rather two statements that need confirming.
1) For Country A, I won't submit the police certificate since i didn't stay there more than 6 months in a row in the last 10 years, or more than 6 months TOTAL in the last 10 years. There is a scenario on the IRCC page that states:

"Lailah studied in Spain between 2014 and 2017, for several 4-month study periods but she did not stay there for 6 months or more in a row. The system will not ask for a police certificate, but an officer may ask for one from Spain after she submits her application. To avoid delays, Lailah could ask for a police certificate from Spain and submit it with her application. "

However Lailah was there less than 10 years ago, and any more than 4 months of my stay in Country A was more than 10 years ago. This corresponds more to this example:
"Feras is 45 years old. He worked in Turkey for 7 months when he was 25 years old. The system will not ask him for a police certificate from Turkey. "

Would i be correct in this scenario?

2) I got my home country's PCC from age 12 until the last date i stayed there more than 6 months, which is in 2019. The date on the PCC states 2005-2019, my last day there during that 2 year stay. Although I visited there in 2021 and 2022, my PCC was issued last month, e.g. after my visits, so we are not breaking the rule on IRCC website which is: "For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row." Is this alright?

Thank you in advance for any help.