+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

some more help, plz

jenny23

Nov 18, 2007
Hi there. I posted before about my husband having his interview in Lebanon November 27th, 2007 and how the visa officer had told him he would have his visa in 6-8 weeks. Its been over that time now but we got a letter the other day from them asking him to send only a copy of his new/renewed passport. It seems like everything is close to being finished but i have one concern that i am seeing some posts about. My husbands medical and police clearance will expire in June of this year since it was done last June when i sent the papers in. I am wondering if they could make him do another one since its getting closer to that date. Also i am wondering if its a good sign that they are asking him to renew his passport now since its been 6 months since they received our application. If anyone has any information it would be greatly appriciated. Thank you.

Rahimi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2008
In my idea, the embassy will inform or will issue the visa before expireation date of medical. i have the same like your case.

my medical will be expire in July 08. Hopefully i get my visa before expiration date of my medical.

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
hi jenny, i think there is no need for your husband to get a new medical done so soon. There is still four months and more for it to expire and hopefully he will get the visa within this period. The medical report should be valid to travel to Canada and he can land in Canada just one day before expiry of the medical as well.

jenny23

Nov 18, 2007
Hi there. Thank you for your response. I contacted my local Mp's office a few weeks ago and they sent a letter to syria. They got a fax today from them saying that as soon as my husband mails the copy of his passport his case will be finalized. We mailed it today and they will receive it next week. I am extreamly happy about this. I hope it doesn't take to long to finalize everything. the mp's office said its in the final stage now and it will not take long from here. Thank you to everyone for all your help and goodluck to you.