+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Some miscellaneous questions on EE profile

turb

May 1, 2017
I've got my spouse and my ECA finally done from WES. I have started building my EE profile and have some doubts which I hope the other members can help resolve.

1. My relevant foreign work experience is around 7.5yrs. Out of this 2.3yrs are in my current job. The FSW eligibility points for work experience max out at 6 years. I am clearing 67 points by showing my work experience in my earlier jobs (approx 5 years). The CRS points for foreign work experience max out at 3yrs. So should I enter only my earlier jobs in the EE profile, and show my current job in the personal history post ITA? I'm not sure if I'll be able to get the reference letter from my current employer.
  2. Is it OK if I claim CRS points from my older work experience (starting from 2009) and not from my recent one (post 2015)? Is there any requirement of giving priority to recent work experience over older one?
  3. My spouse runs her own business. In the EE profile, should I mention this as work experience. She has a proprietorship and so there are no separate tax records or certificates. I'm aware that the spouse's foreign work experience does not gather me any points. So I can skip entering her work experience. But, will it be a problem for her to work in Canada if I haven't shown any work experience in the EE profile?
  4. My wife had a year back in her engineering degree (4 year course). Should the number of academic years be shown as 4 or 5?
  5. I'm leaving the Representative section in the EE profile as "No". Hope I can change this later if I decide to take help of a lawyer.

Last edited:

turb

May 1, 2017
1. I'm meeting the FSW eligiblity with 67 points.

I'm still confused as to whether I should put my current job as part of my initial EE application or whether I should hold on for now and just mention it in the personal history section post ITA. I may be able to get notarized letters from my colleague/supervisor, but I'm not too sure.

What happens if I mention the current job and am unable to produce the letters later on? My CRS score will not be affected.

My gut says to keep the initial application simple, and to exclude both my current job and spouse's foreign work experience. :)

Hope someone can help out in questions 4 and 5.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
1. I'm meeting the FSW eligiblity with 67 points.

I'm still confused as to whether I should put my current job as part of my initial EE application or whether I should hold on for now and just mention it in the personal history section post ITA. I may be able to get notarized letters from my colleague/supervisor, but I'm not too sure.

What happens if I mention the current job and am unable to produce the letters later on? My CRS score will not be affected.

My gut says to keep the initial application simple, and to exclude both my current job and spouse's foreign work experience. :)

Hope someone can help out in questions 4 and 5.
5 Don't bother. If your case doesn't have complications, no need for a representative. Everything you need you can learn from this forum. Plus representatives don't always give you access to your application. so it's up to you.

4. Fill it as is. Did you get an ECA for it and will be claiming points for it? If not leave it until personal history. Otherwise just fill the right start and and dates along with the corresponding ECA

Reactions: turb

turb

May 1, 2017
4. Fill it as is. Did you get an ECA for it and will be claiming points for it? If not leave it until personal history. Otherwise just fill the right start and and dates along with the corresponding ECA
I have filled up the start dates and end dates as mentioned in her degree. But there is a separate field called "No. of academic years". Do I enter 4 because it was a 4 year course, or 5 because it took 5 years? I have a ECA that mentions Bachelor's Degree 4 years.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I have filled up the start dates and end dates as mentioned in her degree. But there is a separate field called "No. of academic years". Do I enter 4 because it was a 4 year course, or 5 because it took 5 years? I have a ECA that mentions Bachelor's Degree 4 years.
Number of years is different than eca. It comes before the eca question no?

turb

May 1, 2017
Number of years is different than eca. It comes before the eca question no?
Apologies if I'm not being clear. This is what I'm referring to (Complete/full academic years). Are you suggesting that I fill it up as 5?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Apologies if I'm not being clear. This is what I'm referring to (Complete/full academic years). Are you suggesting that I fill it up as 5?

Yes. She spent 5 full years. ECA details come afterwards