+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Some help with my application please (:

Danysahnes

Jul 16, 2013
Hi guys,

I was accepted on a Canadian university in Vancouver for a one year study programm and I am working on my application for the study permit right now. I already searched in the forums for a bit and found many answers to some of my questions, great to see that this forum exists and helps a lot of people :).

However, there still are some questions I didn't find the answers too:

I answered a lot of questions online on the CIC website and got a personal checklist code and a list of documents I need to submit. Now I want to make sure I understand all of those documents right before I start uploading the documents since I am already quite late with my application:

- Application Form for Study Permit Made outside of Canada (IMM 1294) : this one is pretty easy I guess, just fill in the blanks, there already is a lot of help for this on the forum.

- Student Exchange Letter : Now this could be the Acceptance Letter from my university that I already received, but :

- Letter of Acceptance : This could be the Letter too? If yes, what is the other one?

- Passport or Travel Document : Self - explaining

- Proof of Means of financial support : My father is going to pay for me. Is it required for him to have a canadian bank account or can he just fill out a special form to confirm his payment for me?

- Digital photo : Self - explaining, the requirements for the photo are on their website right?

And a question concerning the overall process : In case the Visa isn't granted fast enough before my studies in Vancouver begin, would it be possible for me to just fly over, fill out one of those tourist visa thins in the airplane and still be able to enter Canada?

Alright, thats it for now. Thank you in advance for your help! :)

Daniel, from Germany , Berlin.

theoptimist

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Harare
Visa Office......
Harare / Pretoria, South Africa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2013
Med's Request
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-07-2013
Passport Req..
Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
LANDED..........
15 AUGUST :D
Well I'll try help :)

Fact that you're applying from Germany is pretty much a big plus for you file already since it is a first world nation and seems you get waaay more trust from the Canadian visa people than some of us!..lol

If the visa isn't issued in time I wouldn't recommend flying over as yes you can enter Canada with your German passport but you can only get your study permit at a point of entry...the airport. So this means you'll have to fly out of Canada then fly back in. A bit expensive imo.

Photo requirement: Just go to your nearest photo taking centre and tell them to take a passport photo. They'll know the size requirements then.

Financial support: Show his 4month bank accounts and aswell as a notarized affidavid saying he is your sponsor.

Hope that helps.

Danysahnes

Jul 16, 2013
Great thanks for your help! :)

Ok, in case the visa is not granted in time and I fly over without it do I have to fill out something else first? Or is this tourist Visa thing you get in the airplane enough?

And I am going to live in Vancouver, are there any point of entry you can pass by Car and then come back in to get your Visa maybe? Or are airports the only possible place for that?

Okay thank you I found an affidavit for him to sign and a bank statement is on the way too. He is a lawyer himself so it will be enough if he signs it I hope.

For the case of this Student exchange letter <-> Letter of Acceptance thing: someone knows anything about that issue? Hope there is someone who knows..

Daniel

theoptimist

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Harare
Visa Office......
Harare / Pretoria, South Africa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2013
Med's Request
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-07-2013
Passport Req..
Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
LANDED..........
15 AUGUST :D
Danysahnes said:
Great thanks for your help! :)

Ok, in case the visa is not granted in time and I fly over without it do I have to fill out something else first? Or is this tourist Visa thing you get in the airplane enough?

And I am going to live in Vancouver, are there any point of entry you can pass by Car and then come back in to get your Visa maybe? Or are airports the only possible place for that?

Okay thank you I found an affidavit for him to sign and a bank statement is on the way too. He is a lawyer himself so it will be enough if he signs it I hope.

For the case of this Student exchange letter <-> Letter of Acceptance thing: someone knows anything about that issue? Hope there is someone who knows..

Daniel
No problem...I'll answer these questions in the order you asked:

Tourist visa thing should be enough...Just make sure when you're at immigration at the airport you make no mention of you plans to study unless you can say you may do short course (-6months) which doesnt require a study visa.

You can probably drive/take a bus across the US boarder probably to Seattle....Its a beautiful drive and Seattle is a pretty beautiful city too. Then when you can drive back and get your study permit stamped.

Don't let him notarise his own affidavid...it'll defeat the whole purpose of notarising if people, no matter their profession, can notarise things themselves...lol..For example my dad is a Chartered Accountant thus making him a commisioner of oaths and he can certify documents himself but for my ones he had to get someone else to do them.

No clue about student exchange but original acceptance is fine.

Pouep

Jun 19, 2014
Hi,

I've just registered on that forum because i'm in the exact same situation as Danysahnes: I've no clue about what is that Student Exchange Letter and how it is different from the Letter of Acceptance (which was provided by the university).

Did someone finally managed to know what is that form and who is supposed to fill it ?

I know this is an very old topic, but I cannot find any advise anywhere, except some very little hints from some Spanish/Portuguese-speaking forums....

Anyone ?

meagan99

May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014 (paper based through VFS)
Med's Done....
upfront medical (~15 days before applying)
Passport Req..
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
Pouep said:
Hi,

I've just registered on that forum because i'm in the exact same situation as Danysahnes: I've no clue about what is that Student Exchange Letter and how it is different from the Letter of Acceptance (which was provided by the university).

Did someone finally managed to know what is that form and who is supposed to fill it ?

I know this is an very old topic, but I cannot find any advise anywhere, except some very little hints from some Spanish/Portuguese-speaking forums....

Anyone ?
i don't know anything about this topic but I suggest that you can use Google translator to translate Spanish-Portuguese discussions. (that may not be helpful if they are talking in slang, in that case, wait till someone replies here)

Amir_Khalilov

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[glow=red,2,300]
Pouep said:
Hi,

Anyone ?

Hi,
as long as I know if you are not an exchange student you should say "no" in the questionary, and check-list simply will not ask you to provide student exchange letter. Yet, if you are from that category of students, then I believe this should be additional letter from your university/college.

Pouep

Jun 19, 2014
Thanks for your replies.

As a coincidence, this afternoon I finally had the answer (after a month of sending billion of emails).
So for anyone who could have the same issue, here the solution:

the "Student Exchange Letter" must be provided by the foundation that handle the exchange program (filled by the foreign university I guess)

Regards

pumpwerk

Jun 30, 2014
Hey there,

since I don't have such a student exchange letter from my sending university (just from the university I will do my exchange at) I'm wondering what exactly you sent.
In a week or so I will get a letter of financial support which inderectly will state some or most of the required information for the student exchange letter.

So what did you send and has anybody of you already received your Visa?

Thanks for any information on that :)