+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Some help please !!!

moggy75

Feb 22, 2012
Hello everyone,I need as much help/information on every aspect of what me and my Fiancee plan to do to be together as i dont qualify to work/enter Canada under the skilled jobs list,I work in healthcare and am taking a career break (freezing my job) for 2 years to make this work or go back and who knows,BE GRUMPY I SUPPOSE ?????
[glow=red,2,300](ALL INFO BIG OR SMALL,PLEASE)[glow]

Im British currently living in Wales.Im marrying a canadian lady in Canada (BC) on a visitor visa in October,Then applying for PR/Sponserhip (outland) and staying put.(Moving in with her) I have enough money to last around 1 year.My Fiance is working and i also plan to work at some stage.I have been to Canada (BC) on a visitor visa already once (for a month) and she is due here in three weeks.

Anyone's help will appreciated GREATLY :) :)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
What exactly do you want to know?

Once you are married you can apply for spousal PR outland. You can get the medical done in Canada. Send all the forms to Mississauga, then they will be forwared to London.

When you arrive in October, you will likely be given a stamp in your passport, allowing you to stay for 6 months. before the 6 months is up, apply to extend your stay as a visitor. There is a chance you will not even need this extension as average processing times are 4-5 months total.

Once you have the COPR (confirmation of Permanent residence) which London will mail to you in Canada, you can either take a trip to the border to 'land' or make a landing appointment at a local office. Once you are landed you can apply for a SIN and healthcare.

Is there anything specific you want to know?

moggy75

Feb 22, 2012
Thanks for the reply,thats a great help.I was woundering about the backround check/criminal record check.(mines all clear) Do i have to apply for it or cic and can i get it from inside canada as i will be unable to leave !! or even obtain it before i leave ?????

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
moggy75 said:
Thanks for the reply,thats a great help.I was woundering about the backround check/criminal record check.(mines all clear) Do i have to apply for it or cic and can i get it from inside canada as i will be unable to leave !! or even obtain it before i leave ?????
You have to provide a police certificate for every country you have lived in for six or more months since the age of 18 (with the exception of Canada). This is something you must do and include in your application. CIC will not do it for you.

For information on how to obtain them, go here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
You have to get this yourself and send it with the application.
You can also apply and have it delivered to you in Canada. Don't apply for it before you leave England as it has to have been issued within the last 3 months before applying, and gathering all the docs will take longer than you think. Just be aware you need to pay for the certificate by cheque or bankers draft, so don't leave your cheque book in Wales!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/united-kingdom.asp

moggy75

Feb 22, 2012
thankyou all :)
I also have a son who is 17 years old,Lives neither with me or his mother.(has his own place)
Do i have to do anything regarding him or not ????
Also i have a mountain bike i want to bring along as i dont drive.It cost far to much to leave behind.Will this cause me problems entering Canada ?

NBaker

Oct 23, 2011
You need to list your 17 year old as non-accompanying due to being under 18, if he is when the application is made.

As far as your personal property you need to contact the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) Customs related to goods that will accompany or follow you when landed to declare them as required.