+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Some confusion about Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) programm

alex_tim

Jan 1, 2024
Hello!

I submitted my application to EE pool where it indicated that I met the "federal skilled worker program" criteria. I calculated my score in FWS, and I have 76 (where the min is 67). I tried to go through some articles (official website as well as reviews) in order to find out what is the next step, however, there is still some confusion:
  1. Am I supposed to submit any other applications (like for PNP program)? But I didn't find where and what form to submit?
  2. Am I supposed to wait until I get an invitation (to my EE account)? But it is also not clear when it possibly could happen?

Here is some information about me:
  1. noc position - 21232
  2. teer 1
  3. have a valid profile in EE with a score of 440
  4. I have been in Canada for more than 18 months
  5. All the time (18 months) I am working as a developer (noc position - 21232)
  6. I have 4 years of the same experience outside of Canada

Any advice or opinion appriciate:)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello!

I submitted my application to EE pool where it indicated that I met the "federal skilled worker program" criteria. I calculated my score in FWS, and I have 76 (where the min is 67). I tried to go through some articles (official website as well as reviews) in order to find out what is the next step, however, there is still some confusion:
  1. Am I supposed to submit any other applications (like for PNP program)? But I didn't find where and what form to submit?
  2. Am I supposed to wait until I get an invitation (to my EE account)? But it is also not clear when it possibly could happen?

Here is some information about me:
  1. noc position - 21232
  2. teer 1
  3. have a valid profile in EE with a score of 440
  4. I have been in Canada for more than 18 months
  5. All the time (18 months) I am working as a developer (noc position - 21232)
  6. I have 4 years of the same experience outside of Canada

Any advice or opinion appriciate:)
1. No applications. You can select the provinces you are eligible for.
2. You wait but you will not get an ITA with 440. So you need to increase scores or look at PNP programs.

alex_tim

Jan 1, 2024
1. No applications. You can select the provinces you are eligible for.
2. You wait but you will not get an ITA with 440. So you need to increase scores or look at PNP programs.
  1. "select the provinces you are eligible for" - could you please clarify where I need to select them? Do you mean in the EE profile where it says (like) provinces I am interested in?
  2. 440 is not enough I got it, but what is a min score in this case? Is there some "pool updates" about FSW? I mean it is not clear how much I am supposed to have in order to get an invite...
P.S. just to clarify - so, is it work like this - EE profile (with a score >440 (like in my case)) -> have a hope that I get an invention for FSW and then apply for the program, right?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
  1. "select the provinces you are eligible for" - could you please clarify where I need to select them? Do you mean in the EE profile where it says (like) provinces I am interested in?
  2. 440 is not enough I got it, but what is a min score in this case? Is there some "pool updates" about FSW? I mean it is not clear how much I am supposed to have in order to get an invite...
P.S. just to clarify - so, is it work like this - EE profile (with a score >440 (like in my case)) -> have a hope that I get an invention for FSW and then apply for the program, right?
1. Yes.
2. Last open draw was 542. Last tech draw was 481. So you want your score to be around 500.

You will get EE ITA if your score is drawn, but it will not be. PNPs are different so you need to be nominated by the province. So look at the PNP where you are living. The program may be a non EE stream.

alex_tim

Jan 1, 2024
2) oh, but it doesn't make sense (if I understand it right), I mean if I have 500+ (as far as I understand) I don't need any program, I can be drawn just from EE, because last EE draw was 500+, so what is a purpose to apply for the program... Am I right here?

about PNP, as you answered in my previous post ( https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/trying-to-find-out-what-is-a-proper-stream-for-me-in-oinp.830721/post-10709954 ), looks like I have to increase my scores there too... :(

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
2) oh, but it doesn't make sense (if I understand it right), I mean if I have 500+ (as far as I understand) I don't need any program, I can be drawn just from EE, because last EE draw was 500+, so what is a purpose to apply for the program... Am I right here?

about PNP, as you answered in my previous post ( https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/trying-to-find-out-what-is-a-proper-stream-for-me-in-oinp.830721/post-10709954 ), looks like I have to increase my scores there too... :(
If you have a high enough CRS score then you get an ITA..simple. What do you mean purpose? EE is based on the highest score or selected draws NOCs and score (trade, IT, healthcare). 440 is not enough for EE, ONIP-HCP or EE Tech draws.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Yes, if you have 500+ then you can expect to be selected through EE directly. I'm not sure what doesn't make sense.

As explained in your other thread yesterday, 440 is not enough to be selected through OINP. You need to increase your score.

Programs are competitive.

alex_tim

Jan 1, 2024
If you have a high enough CRS score then you get an ITA..simple. What do you mean purpose? EE is based on the highest score or selected draws NOCs and score (trade, IT, healthcare). 440 is not enough for EE, ONIP-HCP or EE Tech draws.
Ok, looks like I am missing smth here, from my perspective it works like this, there are 2 scenarios:
  1. a person has 500+ points in EE pool - so this way they have a chance to be drawn directly from the EE and apply for PR, that is it.
  2. a person doesn't have 500+ points - so this way they can try any other "supportive" programs (like: PNP, FSW etc.) to get additional points in order to finally be selected from the EE pool.
Does it make sense?

alex_tim

Jan 1, 2024
Yes, if you have 500+ then you can expect to be selected through EE directly. I'm not sure what doesn't make sense.

As explained in your other thread yesterday, 440 is not enough to be selected through OINP. You need to increase your score.

Programs are competitive.
Ok, looks like I am missing smth here, from my perspective it works like this, there are 2 scenarios:
  1. a person has 500+ points in EE pool - so this way they have a chance to be drawn directly from the EE and apply for PR, that is it.
  2. a person doesn't have 500+ points - so this way they can try any other "supportive" programs (like: PNP, FSW etc.) to get additional points in order to finally be selected from the EE pool.
Does it make sense?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Does it make sense?
1) yes

2) FSW is not a separate program. FSW is EE. For PNP through EE, it's still score based. Your score is not high enough to be selected by Ontario and get the additional points. Again, you need to increase your points.

alex_tim

Jan 1, 2024
1) yes

2) FSW is not a separate program. FSW is EE. For PNP through EE, it's still score based. Your score is not high enough to be selected by Ontario and get the additional points. Again, you need to increase your points.
it is exactly what I mean (following your answer) 500 points are enough (to be directly drawn from the pool without participating in any side programs), however, in order to participate in the side programs (like PNP) one is supposed to have (as far as I understood) >470, so the "window" is only 30points (between 500 and 470) :(

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
it is exactly what I mean (following your answer) 500 points are enough (to be directly drawn from the pool without participating in any side programs), however, in order to participate in the side programs (like PNP) one is supposed to have (as far as I understood) >470, so the "window" is only 30points (between 500 and 470) :(
You need to increase your points by learning French or getting a Masters/PhD. Don’t know how old you are but you lose points as you age.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, that's right. There's a lot of competition for economic immigration spots and scores are high. I'm not sure what other answers you're looking for. This is the reality. Your 440 score is not competitive for PNP through EE or for direct EE. You need to increase your score through leaning French or getting an advanced degree or something else. This is what others are doing to be selected. If PR is a priority for you then you should do the same.