alex_tim

Jan 1, 2024
Hello!

I am confused about which of the streams to choose. My situation is - I have:
  1. noc position - 21232
  2. teer 1
  3. have a valid profile in EE with a score of 440
  4. I have been in Canada for more than 18 months
  5. All the time (18 months) I am working as a developer (noc position - 21232)
  6. I have 4 years of the same experience outside of Canada
In my EE profile, I see that potentially I can try
  1. federal skilled worker program
  2. canadian skilled worker
but I haven't received any invitation to apply for the provincial program (pnp)

so, I would like to try to apply for OINP, however, the main question is: - which stream to choose to apply?

from my understanding, the most appropriate for me is - `Employer Job Offer`. It has been taken into account that there are 3 sub-categories:
  1. Foreign worker stream
  2. In-Demand skills stream
  3. students
The problem is that (students out of scope for me), `foreign workers` is supposed to be inappropriate as I am currently in Canada and `In-Demand`, whereas `In-Demand` also inappropriate as this stream applied for teer 4 and 5, where I have teer 1...

So, I am a little confused, about what to choose, any advice is appriciate:)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello!

I am confused about which of the streams to choose. My situation is - I have:
  1. noc position - 21232
  2. teer 1
  3. have a valid profile in EE with a score of 440
  4. I have been in Canada for more than 18 months
  5. All the time (18 months) I am working as a developer (noc position - 21232)
  6. I have 4 years of the same experience outside of Canada
In my EE profile, I see that potentially I can try
  1. federal skilled worker program
  2. canadian skilled worker
but I haven't received any invitation to apply for the provincial program (pnp)

so, I would like to try to apply for OINP, however, the main question is: - which stream to choose to apply?

from my understanding, the most appropriate for me is - `Employer Job Offer`. It has been taken into account that there are 3 sub-categories:
  1. Foreign worker stream
  2. In-Demand skills stream
  3. students
The problem is that (students out of scope for me), `foreign workers` is supposed to be inappropriate as I am currently in Canada and `In-Demand`, whereas `In-Demand` also inappropriate as this stream applied for teer 4 and 5, where I have teer 1...

So, I am a little confused, about what to choose, any advice is appriciate:)
Did you go to school in Ontario?
1. is only option and your employer must support your nomination and fill out the employer form. Employer must be available to answer questions and provide CRS information, if asked.

alex_tim

Jan 1, 2024
Did you go to school in Ontario?
1. is only option and your employer must support your nomination and fill out the employer form. Employer must be available to answer questions and provide CRS information, if asked.
  1. nope, I haven't gone to the school in Ontario, I have master degree from my country.
  2. could you please clarify - what is "employer form"? Is it the same as LMIA?
P.S. I also see that my NOC in the list for "Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream: tech occupations" (here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/2023-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-updates), could it be possible that I am supposed to apply for this stream?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
  1. nope, I haven't gone to the school in Ontario, I have master degree from my country.
  2. could you please clarify - what is "employer form"? Is it the same as LMIA?
P.S. I also see that my NOC in the list for "Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream: tech occupations" (here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/2023-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-updates), could it be possible that I am supposed to apply for this stream?
Go On the OINP website and read requirements for you and your employer. For OINP-HCS that is through your EE profile if you select Ontario. Your EE score is too low for OINP draws.

alex_tim

Jan 1, 2024
Go On the OINP website and read requirements for you and your employer. For OINP-HCS that is through your EE profile if you select Ontario. Your EE score is too low for OINP draws.
yep, I know that EE score is low, and it is a reason why I thought to apply for the pnp program. As far as I know there are 2 ways to apply:
  1. through EE (if a candidate receive an invite)
  2. through oinp website. Where it is a different calculation system and the score is supposed to be around 65 (if I am right)
does it make sense?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
yep, I know that EE score is low, and it is a reason why I thought to apply for the pnp program. As far as I know there are 2 ways to apply:
  1. through EE (if a candidate receive an invite)
  2. through oinp website. Where it is a different calculation system and the score is supposed to be around 65 (if I am right)
does it make sense?
1) Your score is too low for this. You need to increase it by at least 30 points.
2) This may be possible if your employer is willing to complete the employer forms. Have you had this conversation with your employer yet? Large employers are generally not willing to do this. Smaller employers are more likely to be willing.

alex_tim

Jan 1, 2024
1) Your score is too low for this. You need to increase it by at least 30 points.
2) This may be possible if your employer is willing to complete the employer forms. Have you had this conversation with your employer yet? Large employers are generally not willing to do this. Smaller employers are more likely to be willing.
  1. oh, I see, but it doesn't make sense, if I have 470-480 points, why would I need a PNP? I mean I saw it was a few draws from EE around this number... I thought PNP has been designed in order to help those who don't have enough score:(
  2. nope, I haven't spoken yet with my employer. Could you please clarify what is a forms? Is it LMIA?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
  1. oh, I see, but it doesn't make sense, if I have 470-480 points, why would I need a PNP? I mean I saw it was a few draws from EE around this number... I thought PNP has been designed in order to help those who don't have enough score:(
  2. nope, I haven't spoken yet with my employer. Could you please clarify what is a forms? Is it LMIA?
1. Yes, it's there for people who don't have 500+ to be selected through the general draws. 440 won't get you there.
2. No, this isn't an LMIA. It's the employee forms that need to be completed for the OINP program. The form must be completed by the employer and is mandatory for the application to be accepted.