+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Some BOWP questions while I wait for PR

lynly_r

Nov 13, 2020
You're welcome. Yes, there's a good time until the expiry date. Hopefully you'll get the AOR in next December or January.
Hi, Can I ask again if it okay to apply BOWP in Feb 2021 even if the AINP nomination expires in DEC9, 2020? Will it affect his application?

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Hi, Can I ask again if it okay to apply BOWP in Feb 2021 even if the AINP nomination expires in DEC9, 2020? Will it affect his application?
To my knowledge, it wouldn't care if you applied for PR before Dec 9/2020. In my case, as example, I applied in June/2020 and my MPNP nomination expired in Dec 27/2019 and there was no issue (it all worked fine). However, I'm not sure if there was some recent change.

I can recommend an immigration consultant to send question online (he should be more up to date in terms of changes, and know how to answer more custom/specific questions as well he can review your application when u go apply for Bowp ): https://jpimmigration.com/work-permit-canada/bridging-open-work-permit/

lynly_r

Nov 13, 2020
To my knowledge, it wouldn't care if you applied for PR before Dec 9/2020. In my case, as example, I applied in June/2020 and my MPNP nomination expired in Dec 27/2019 and there was no issue (it all worked fine). However, I'm not sure if there was some recent change.

I can recommend an immigration consultant to send question online (he should be more up to date in terms of changes, and know how to answer more custom/specific questions as well he can review your application when u go apply for Bowp ): https://jpimmigration.com/work-permit-canada/bridging-open-work-permit/
He already applied for PR in August. He will try to apply for BOWP in Feb 2021 without AOR cause his work permit will expire in March 2021. But his pnp nomination will expires on Dec 2020.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
He already applied for PR in August. He will try to apply for BOWP in Feb 2021 without AOR cause his work permit will expire in March 2021. But his pnp nomination will expires on Dec 2020.
You should apply for BOWP and include letter of explanation that you will send AOR as soon you will get it . If you don’t include LOE there is high risk of refusal of wp. Note you can apply one day before his nomination expires. Also on cic website it doesn’t say nomination should be valida for bowp.

Reactions: lynly_r and danlb34

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
The nomination letter with an expired date won't affect your Bowp application.

It's pretty normal that people applying for Bowp has a nomination letter already expired (this was my case, and I was approved for Bowp). As other user commented, you just need to have a good letter of explanation to explain the AOR situation (there are many cases in the forum of people who did it, and they were approved for bowp).

Reactions: lynly_r