+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOME BASIC QUESTIONS. (Doctor planning to immigrate via express entry. )

tarsuc

May 6, 2017
I'm a mbbs doc from India who graduated in 2012, and since then has been working in rural health centers (both government and Private).

I had a few questions about the express entry PR that i hope someone here can clarify.

a) When I write about my work experience, how will Canadian govt confirm my employment status from these rural health centers? Do i have to find phone numbers of all the clinics where i worked, and mention them? What all do i have to mention about the work experience? Will it matter much that I did not work in a private advanced hospital, but rather clinics in rural centers?

b) Does having a higher score than the minimum necessary score increase your chances? As in, if i have a very high score IELTS score to a minimum necessary score, does that offer me an advantage?

c) Does applying for visa through a visa agency offer an advantage when compared to applying on your own? On calculating, I think I have a express entry CRS score of 418.

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tarsuc said:
I'm a mbbs doc from India who graduated in 2012, and since then has been working in rural health centers (both government and Private).

I had a few questions about the express entry PR that i hope someone here can clarify.

a) When I write about my work experience, how will Canadian govt confirm my employment status from these rural health centers? Do i have to find phone numbers of all the clinics where i worked, and mention them? What all do i have to mention about the work experience? Will it matter much that I did not work in a private advanced hospital, but rather clinics in rural centers?
NO.

b) Does having a higher score than the minimum necessary score increase your chances? As in, if i have a very high score IELTS score to a minimum necessary score, does that offer me an advantage?
YES

c) Does applying for visa through a visa agency offer an advantage when compared to applying on your own? On calculating, I think I have a express entry CRS score of 418.
NO
Just incase you didnt do your homework
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t37491.0.html

tarsuc

May 6, 2017
thank you.

I am aware of the difficulties.

Just getting a PR anyway, and shall be applying to try my luck.

Could you answer my doubts, sir, if you would have the time.

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
1- you need to get your medical degree source verified through the Medical Council of Canada and then request an ECA report
2- Get your IELTS done. Yes a high score will bump your CRS score. I remember when comparing points according to ielts results, there was a mark cutoff which gave me a difference of 50 points.
3- you are responsible of providing canadian immigration with work experience letters from each employer you worked for, mentioning your weekly hours, responsibilities matching immigration NOC title, salary, and contact details. It doesnt matter if your work was in a rural primary care setting or a big hospital. As long as you are doing the same duties outlined in the NOC description for General practitioners/medical doctors/family physicians ( NOC 3112).
4- using an agent in no way has any advantage over doing it yourself. Online Express Entry system is very easy.
5- i am not sure about your marital status. But its something to consider if you are married and your wife is not as qualified as you in terms of education/work experience/ielts score, then you will notice that your crs will be much higher if you put her as non accompanying spouse and invite her later once you get your PR.

Good luck

tarsuc

May 6, 2017
thanks drferas and nokia.

You guys are awesome!

thanks for the valuable advice drferas.

I'm completely new to this.

I just need to follow the stickied post in this express entry forum of step by step instructions, to complete the process?

Also I calculated my score and it seems its at 417. I might only be able to do IELTS after 2 months.
Would the cutoff score of the lottery tend to rise again during that time, and would I be at a disadvantage then?

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Anytime
Yes you can follow the post in this forum. It's a very easy process.
But like I said, you will not be allowed to create your profile without having Education Credential Assessment (ECA) and Ielts first, so try to finish them asap as it might take time.
There is no guarantee in regards to the score cutoff in the coming draws. It all depends on the number of draws each month, the number of applicants selected in each draw, and the number of people in each CRS score category.

mukesh580

Mar 24, 2015
@dr feras @nokia3315 Hi I am completing my EE profile but i got confused with a complete academic year. mine total course duration is 5.5years (4.5 years academic+ 1 year compulsory rotational internship) and the graduation date is after the completion of the internship. please suggest me what should i write 4.5 or 5.5 years?

Shaunak sharma

Sep 10, 2019
@dr feras @nokia3315 Hi I am completing my EE profile but i got confused with a complete academic year. mine total course duration is 5.5years (4.5 years academic+ 1 year compulsory rotational internship) and the graduation date is after the completion of the internship. please suggest me what should i write 4.5 or 5.5 years?
Did you figure it out? I believe it should be 4 years. Please confirm as I am in the same boat. thanks.