+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Solemn Declaration Concerning a Lost, Stolen, Destroyed or Never-Receivd PR card

cccan

May 6, 2018
1. Since I was living outside Canada, I gave my friend's address and telephone number.
2. My friend couriered the PR cards to me (I think it was by FedEx)
About this one - is it OK to give someone else's address & phone number when you are outside of Canada? Considering that it's not your actual residential address. Will there be any issues arising from this?

Thanks

M5891

Jun 13, 2020
Hi,
Quick question, I recently faxed solemn declaration. I want to know if we will get separate case number for tracking this ... or will this be tracked as part of previous case... please let me know.

Thanks

I am trying to fax my Solemn Declaration to 1-902-564-3148 thru some online services (efax, faxzero) but it never goes thru with the response coming back as "recipient's line rang but there was no answer."

Can you let me know which online service, if any, worked for you? (I'm trying to fax from India)

Astharawal

Aug 31, 2020
I am trying to fax my Solemn Declaration to 1-902-564-3148 thru some online services (efax, faxzero) but it never goes thru with the response coming back as "recipient's line rang but there was no answer."

Can you let me know which online service, if any, worked for you? (I'm trying to fax from India)
Hi. I have a similar problem. Can we fax the solem declaration form from india and give friend’s Canada address and phone number

M5891

Jun 13, 2020
You will likely be told to apply for a PRTD and apply for a new PR card when you come back to Canada
Yeah, I'm aware that's the procedure. It just means I cannot book a flight to Canada whenever I want and I need to wait for VFS to first open in my city, fix an appointment, get a PRTD which probably has limited validity, ensure my flight tickets are within that window etc etc...

SGIL9922

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
Hlo Everyone
I am gonna change my adress on 1st jan. So should i put my new adress in the solemn declaration form ??
Please let me know if anyone has any knowledge about it.
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hlo Everyone
I am gonna change my adress on 1st jan. So should i put my new adress in the solemn declaration form ??
Please let me know if anyone has any knowledge about it.
Thanks
Yes. Given that nothing is going to happen over the holidays you’ll be in your new address by the time anything happens.

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi all. I was wondering: at what point do you conclude that your first PR card failed to arrive on time/ is lost? I have been in the country for 2,5 months. The timing for the first PR card stated on IRCC website is currently 58 days, and I've exceeded that a couple of weeks ago.
Do IRCC let you know when they mail the card? Would your profile be updated?
Just wondering if I should just sit tight or it's already time to start trying to track it.