+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sold car to get POF. How do I explain this large deposit showing in my bank ac?

XAZ

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Hi! I am applying for FSW with my spouse. I sold my car a week ago to get the POF but now I see that I have to explain to CIC any large deposit showing in my bank account.

Any ideas on how to explain this? These are the options I think I have.

Plan A. Write a letter in my application explaining this and attach the car sell contract.

Plan B. Wait to get three months bank statements that do not show this deposit (Sept, Oct, Nov) and file my application in dec with the risk of applying after the cap fills.

Plan C Apply and send only one month bank account statement. (sept)

Thanks for your help
XAZ

Getafix

Star Member
Feb 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010
Doc's Request.
08-06-2010
AOR Received.
17-02-2011
Med's Request
04-02-2014
Passport Req..
28-07-2014
LANDED..........
31-10-2014
You don't need to show them a bank statement. Have your bank draft a letter stating your current account balance.

Sunil0476

Sep 30, 2014
Hello Buddies,,

I am new to this forum...If I sell Jewellery and arrange POF. Is this legal and acceptable?? A quick reply would really be appriciated.

Thanks,
Sunil

OSP

Sep 19, 2014
I did same when I applied in 2011. I simply wrote a letter and attached the contract doc and car docs showing I actually own the car(s). I had no issues at all. My application was considered.
XAZ said:
Hi! I am applying for FSW with my spouse. I sold my car a week ago to get the POF but now I see that I have to explain to CIC any large deposit showing in my bank account.

Plan A. Write a letter in my application explaining this and attach the car sell contract.

Plan B. Wait to get three months bank statements that do not show this deposit (Sept, Oct, Nov) and file my application in dec with the risk of applying after the cap fills.

Thanks for your help
XAZ

blue_57

Jun 3, 2014
XAZ said:

Thanks for your help
XAZ
As long as the car is yours then there should be no problem. Just send your application with your bank certificate. You can just explain the large deposit later on but if you are lucky, the VO may not even ask for it.