+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sofware Engineer LMO for Work permit Extension

yogeshddd

Oct 12, 2010
Hello,

1) I am currently working as a Software Engineer here in Waterloo, Canada on a TWP. My TWP expires this December. My employer submitted the LMO work-extension application on July 15th, 2011. When my employer contacted the HSRDC office a couple of days back, she was told that it could take a couple of more weeks. It has been more than 2 1/2 months already. On the day when she made the application, she was told to expect a decision on the application by Aug 30th. Is there any reason for me to be concerned with the delay?

2) Assuming the HSRDC makes a positive determination on my LMO application, do I have to give medical tests again before making my work-permit extension application?

3) If I submit a new work-permit extension application before my current one expires, I am assuming that I can continue to work while being on implied status. Is my information correct?

Thanks.

reach4dstars

Oct 1, 2011
If you applied for LMO in July , you should have heard from them really....are you Ontario? I ask because my employer applied for mine on July 22nd and just last week go the positive Lmo..... I wouldnt worry really because your WP expires in December and you would have gotten a response long before then.....

Yes if you apply for your work permit extension before it expires, you are under implied status, provided you remain with the current employer.

You dont need to do a medical examination...! unless you work with children etc and if you didnt do one previously, you wont need one now.

Unless its for your PR

Hope this helps

yogeshddd

Oct 12, 2010
Thanks for the reply! Just out of curiosity, did you apply for an extension or a new work-permit? I am anyway planning to let my employer know and see if they can put pressure on the folks at HSRDC to arrive at a decision soon.