+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Software tester 8 yrs exp with chemical engg degree : looking for advice

esumitkumar

Apr 19, 2012
Hi All

This is Sumit from India having 8 yrs exp as software tester but with 4 yrs full time chemical engg bachelors degree.
I wish to apply for QSSW and used points indicator tool to find out my eligibility :

For question 5 : What is the field of training related to this diploma? I used answer as "Chemical Engineering Techniques (DCS-3 yrs)

Its written in help box " The diploma or degree must have been obtained in the five years previous to applying for a Québec Selection Certificate (QSC). If this is not the case, the applicant must have worked for at least one year out of the five years in question in a field directly related to the diploma or degree obtained and for which assessment is being made."

Since I obtained my B Tech Chemical degree in 2003 but have worked as tester in IT , do I qualify (keeping in mind above defintion)?

Please advice

Thanks
Sumit

PS : Points indicator says after validation. I qualify when I keep below selections

Question 5 :

What is the field of training related to this diploma?
Chemical Engineering Techniques (DCS-3 yrs)

Question 6 :
How many years ago did you obtain this diploma?
9 years

Question 7 :
Have you already practised a profession that pertains directly to your field of training? If yes, how long did you hold that position?
No

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
Have u used this evaluation procedure. See to this , it has all your answer,

http://www.form.services.micc.gouv.qc.ca

and

http://www.form.services.micc.gouv.qc.ca/epi/index.jsp?languageCode=en

God bless,,
Kavya

esumitkumar

Apr 19, 2012
Thanks Kavya. I have used online evaluation tool and thats where my query is cropping at question 5 (education). Please advice

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
esumitkumar said:
Thanks Kavya. I have used online evaluation tool and thats where my query is cropping at question 5 (education). Please advice
ok, I got your question. It doesnt seems positive for you I am afraid.

God bless,
KAvya

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
in other words, you must need experience based on your training, thats I can guess from the form.

God Bless,
Kavya

esumitkumar

Apr 19, 2012
You mean I need exp in chemical field for at least 1 yr ?

(BUt I am filling question 7 as NO

Question 7 :
Have you already practised a profession that pertains directly to your field of training? If yes, how long did you hold that position?
No)

Still tool shows I qualify ?

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
esumitkumar said:
You mean I need exp in chemical field for at least 1 yr ?

(BUt I am filling question 7 as NO

Question 7 :
No)

Still tool shows I qualify ?
whats ur evaluation result?

esumitkumar

Apr 19, 2012
It says qualify :D but I am unable to understand this definition ?

The diploma or degree must have been obtained in the five years previous to applying for a Québec Selection Certificate (QSC).
My engg degree was completed in 2003 so its 9 years ..so I need to go to point below

If this is not the case, the applicant must have worked for at least one year out of the five years in question in a field directly related to the diploma or degree obtained and for which assessment is being made."
since I have worked 0 yrs in chemical field..still it shows qualified..I am really confused :'(

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
Very hard to answer. at the same time their education questions has no indication for degree. they got diploma only. I mean which option u clicked for ur degree? the last one? post diploma one ?

esumitkumar

Apr 19, 2012
I clicked "Undergraduate diploma of university studies - 3, 4 or 5 years (in Québec, the diploma is obtained after completing 16 to 18 years of full-time education)" since B Tech is of 4 years and so total studies became 16 years (XII + B Tech) ..pls advice