+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Softanding complete, permanent residency actiavted but PR card not issued.

milakoch

Apr 6, 2022
@Smartypreet24

I did soft landing in January via AIR, PR card is still not issued, and I am back in US. Are you saying its possible for me to reenter via road using the COPR that was given back to me?

The letter has big bold cross watermark stating NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL, appreciate your response...

My situation is that I have to travel in a month or two , but I have no clue when PR card would reach the Canada address

Smartypreet24

Jan 18, 2022
@Smartypreet24

I did soft landing in January via AIR, PR card is still not issued, and I am back in US. Are you saying its possible for me to reenter via road using the COPR that was given back to me?

The letter has big bold cross watermark stating NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL, appreciate your response...

My situation is that I have to travel in a month or two , but I have no clue when PR card would reach the Canada address
Yes , with stamped Copr You can re-enter to canada only by road not by air. For air travel you needs to apply for PRTD. When you will next travel . You have to go custom again for initiate PR Card to canada address. Or you can request from IRCC webform to mail card at canada address.. or you can try call IRCC .. I am not sure about webform and IRCC call.. even I am trying. If I will get any response I will definitely let you know what happened in my case for pr card.. please let me know yours when you will do it..

sarniasdonn

Nov 2, 2022
Hi everyone, my wife and I did our soft landing in May 2022. We received a notification in July stating that both our photos needed to be re-submitted. We re-submitted photos a week later via DHL and got confirmation of delivery. We submitted a webform to check the status of our PR card application in October and received a response saying they had requested new photos in July. We are now very concerned as it seems as if they have not linked our new photos even though delivery was confirmed.

I have the following questions:
-what happens if they do not link your new photos? Would they cancel my application?
-should I resend photos for a third time? (our concern is that the notification is dated July and they may then assume that we waited until November to resend photos when we in fact did resend a week after the notification in July).

Apologies for the long post, we are really concerned and would appreciate any guidance from anyone with a similar experience. Thank you in advance.

Smartypreet24

Jan 18, 2022
Update: I got PR CARD. Officer didn’t initiate my PR card at soft landing, when I came back in USA, I raised a webform for my First/initial PR card with my relatives Canadian address .it took 6 months . My pr card was mailed to my relatives in canada.
But , there can be a issue, I wants to share with you all.. I didn’t knew that my PR card was mailed or not . I traveled 2nd time canada via land border with my stamped COPR. They called us at CBSA office. They checked my pr card webform request.. officer was so rude. They don’t respect in any was ,she blamed me : 1. Blame was Stamped COPR is signed by me , which officer stamped my COPR he came and told it was stamped by him..2. Blame was Why you hide your pregnancy .,I was there with my 3 month baby. I told when I was there for stamping officer knew that I was pregnant. 3. Blame was Why you are not moving , you have no intention to settle in canada. She checked our US approved petition. 4. Blame was Why you raised webform, this is MISREPRESENTATION ,that you have not moved canada but you requested for PR CARD,she said she has informed IRCC. She was talking like we are criminals. We actually loose our interest to move permanently, cause of her behavior. She was so much rude. We thought she will not allow us to enter in canada. Cause of misrepresentation as she mentioned. But I was very much surprised when she told you can enter in canada. And in 7 days my PR CARD was delivered at my relatives address in canada. Now it’s been 3 months , I hear nothing from IRCC about misrepresentation yet. I don’t know when I will be move permanently, they will allow to enter or not,..

Last edited: