Jan 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
Hi everyone,

so I'm planning to to my Landing this October 2019, stay in canada for 2 weeks and then come back to my home country.
my actual move to Canada will probably be around May 2021.

Do I have to fill out customs forms of the things I'll send right now? anyone had that excperience?

Thanks,
Guy

sangeetatulsiyan

Jul 18, 2018
Yes, you have to fill the form. You will get goods to declare form online.
When you submit the form, they will ask for additional details let say if its a mobile which company,TV then which company and model, Car model number, Jewellery receipt and images etc.

HN1259

Sep 14, 2018
Hi,

I am planning to visit with my COPR in October. I have a few queries:

a) How many weeks do I need to prepare myself for to live there?
b) On an average, how much time does it take to get a PR after finishing the formalities at the airport?
b) Can I give a friend's address where my PR card be mailed and he can then send it to my home address?
d) How much money do I need to keep in cash?

NSK21

Oct 18, 2019
Hello Everyone:)!

Seeking urgent advise and guidance please!

I intend to do a 'soft landing' in Canada (Ontario province - Toronto Pearson Airport) end of October 2019 and will stay for a few days shy of a week.

I have been reading many peoples experiences and am concerned about how i can receive the PR card. I will not be in Canada when the card is issued and mailed to my relatives address ( he is reluctant to courier it to me stating that it may be confiscated and cause issues later for me) In light of this dilemma - my questions are;

1. When i enter canada in October - should i inform the immigration officer that i am landing to declare PR only and NOT settle right away ?? (i plan to settle June 2020) This means they will defer the card for PR processing - which in turn would mean i cannot enter Canada unless through PRTD

2.Would being honest prejudice me in any way in later applying for PRTD?? Is it difficult to justify the need for a PRTD?

3. Alternatively, i could just be quiet about my plans and have them issue the card to my relative - and have someone trusted carry for me to my country??

Anyone experiences similar issues and have had successful solutions - please kindly advise!

Many thanks and anxiously waiting for any advise and guidance please.

Thank you!

Shailk

Jul 6, 2022
Hello Everyone:)!

Seeking urgent advise and guidance please!

I intend to do a 'soft landing' in Canada (Ontario province - Toronto Pearson Airport) end of October 2019 and will stay for a few days shy of a week.

I have been reading many peoples experiences and am concerned about how i can receive the PR card. I will not be in Canada when the card is issued and mailed to my relatives address ( he is reluctant to courier it to me stating that it may be confiscated and cause issues later for me) In light of this dilemma - my questions are;

1. When i enter canada in October - should i inform the immigration officer that i am landing to declare PR only and NOT settle right away ?? (i plan to settle June 2020) This means they will defer the card for PR processing - which in turn would mean i cannot enter Canada unless through PRTD

2.Would being honest prejudice me in any way in later applying for PRTD?? Is it difficult to justify the need for a PRTD?

3. Alternatively, i could just be quiet about my plans and have them issue the card to my relative - and have someone trusted carry for me to my country??

Anyone experiences similar issues and have had successful solutions - please kindly advise!

Many thanks and anxiously waiting for any advise and guidance please.

Thank you!
Hi how did this go in the same situation right now