+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft landing - tasks to complete

empower

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
I will be soft landing next month for 4 days - Tuesday to Friday. Tasks to complete are to get SIN number, Phone Sim, and create bank account. I am NOT PNP so I can land anywhere - hence planning to land in Toronto Pearson Airport.

Please answer my questions:
1. How much time it generally takes to get SIN and create bank account? Do we need to take appointment online?

2. Which area would be good to book AIRBNB in? The place should have the facilities of creating bank account, getting SIN, close to airport and close to any mall.

3. How much will taxi cost me from airport to the airbnb location mentioned for question 2?

4. Where can I get normal price kosher food nearby to eat after flight? In airport or outside? Any names please

5. Any market nearby to get milk, water and essentials before getting into my airbnb?

I dont know anyone in canada. This is my first time so your answers will be highly appreciated.

empower

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
for SIN, you can walk in OR book an appointment (https://eservices.canada.ca/en/service/) OR apply online (https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/apply.html) OR apply at Pearson Airport itself by visiting Service Canada

for bank, please shortlist the bank you want to open an account with and set up an appointment.

Just curious, if it is soft landing, why do you need Phone SIM :)

Rest, I am not sure of.
Thanks
Some videos stated that we must get phone sim so that we can start applying jobs in canada from outside canada, and give phone number to the recruiter to call us. I understand that roaming charge would get added to it and it would get expensive to recharge each month. That's why I wanted to know if there is any other way around. What about Virtual number? Is it worth it?

AttitudeAdjustment

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
@13nitinsharma , could you please help in commenting on whether there would be any issue at immigration, when a person with PR does a soft landing and returns after 2 years. Could you please let me know if any additional things need to be done for coming back to Canada or if we can just go back without any hurdles. Thank you.

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
I will be soft landing next month for 4 days - Tuesday to Friday. Tasks to complete are to get SIN number, Phone Sim, and create bank account. I am NOT PNP so I can land anywhere - hence planning to land in Toronto Pearson Airport.

1. How much time it generally takes to get SIN and create bank account? Do we need to take appointment online?

2. Which area would be good to book AIRBNB in? The place should have the facilities of creating bank account, getting SIN, close to airport and close to any mall.

3. How much will taxi cost me from airport to the airbnb location mentioned for question 2?

4. Where can I get normal price kosher food nearby to eat after flight? In airport or outside? Any names please

5. Any market nearby to get milk, water and essentials before getting into my airbnb?

I dont know anyone in canada. This is my first time so your answers will be highly appreciated.
Both times i've been to a service canada, I was in and out in about 10 minutes, but I also went mid week during the day...

If you have an eSim compatible phone, sign up with a company like Public Mobile and use their eSim option on your phone. It's a prepaid service and uses the Telus Network so coverage is pretty good Canada wide.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
@13nitinsharma , could you please help in commenting on whether there would be any issue at immigration, when a person with PR does a soft landing and returns after 2 years. Could you please let me know if any additional things need to be done for coming back to Canada or if we can just go back without any hurdles. Thank you.
As long as you're meeting the residency obligations (2 years of stay out of 5 years), you'll not be questioned.

Jun 22, 2023

Hi Empower,

I hope everything turned out well for you. Can you share your experience?