+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft Landing Questions

kedar9

May 27, 2018
Hi everyone.
I am planning to do a Soft Landing (at Toronto YYZ) in a few days. I got most of my answers through these forums.
But I had a few more questions:
1. Do I need to carry passport photos for the entry process?
2. What is the PRTD? I saw people posting about it in their Soft Landing experiences. I assume its an alternative to the actual PR card in case someone needs to enter Canada again before receiving their PR Card.
3. I am carrying: Passport, COPR and Proof of Funds Statements. Is there anything else I need?

Thank You!

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hi everyone.
I am planning to do a Soft Landing (at Toronto YYZ) in a few days. I got most of my answers through these forums.
But I had a few more questions:
1. Do I need to carry passport photos for the entry process?
2. What is the PRTD? I saw people posting about it in their Soft Landing experiences. I assume its an alternative to the actual PR card in case someone needs to enter Canada again before receiving their PR Card.
3. I am carrying: Passport, COPR and Proof of Funds Statements. Is there anything else I need?

Thank You!
1. not required
2. PRTD needs to be applied from the country where you will return to after your soft landing. only required if you are planning to return to canada soon before the PR card arrives or you have no way to get the PR card
3. in addition goods to be declared if you are carrying anything valuable

in addition while you are in canada good idea to snap some PR card photos and leave them behind just incase your photos get rejected (which is the case more often than not these days)

kedar9

May 27, 2018
1. not required
2. PRTD needs to be applied from the country where you will return to after your soft landing. only required if you are planning to return to canada soon before the PR card arrives or you have no way to get the PR card
3. in addition goods to be declared if you are carrying anything valuable

in addition while you are in canada good idea to snap some PR card photos and leave them behind just incase your photos get rejected (which is the case more often than not these days)
Thanks for the reply.
Can I find the good-declaration form online?

Mrs. Kow

Jan 5, 2018
Virginia, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
27/12/2017
AOR Received.
28/12//2017
Med's Done....
05/03/2018
Passport Req..
05-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
Thanks for the reply.
Can I find the good-declaration form online?
In addition to the list of goods accompanying you, you should bring a list of goods to follow: any possessions that you might want to bring or have shipped to you later after your final move to Canada. I used spreadsheets for the lists of goods, as did many other people on the forums. You will be able to bring any of your possessions that are on the list into Canada duty-free as settler's effects, but if you don't have them on the list when you land you might be required to pay duties on them later on. CBSA stamps each page of the list at your landing, and you need to show the stamped list when you bring additional goods on later trips or clear a shipment of goods at customs.

ELARISH

Dec 16, 2015
Hi all,

My wife and kid travelling to Toronto from India for a soft landing. They will stay in Toronto for a week and return back to india. Tickets has been booked with Lufthansa. They have transit in Frankfurt airport during onward and return trip. Once we land in Toronto the immigration officer strikes the visa in our passport with a pen since it is a one time entry visa. I need some help on the following questions

1. During the return trip whether a Airport transit visa is required in Frankfurt?
2. Is the expired/used visa will be fine for the travel?
3. Has any one travelled via Frankfurt recently after short landing?
4. Do the airport authorities in Frankfurt airport check for a visa while we return to india which is our origin country and final destination?

Please help me out. Thanks in advance. Have a good day.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hi all,

My wife and kid travelling to Toronto from India for a soft landing. They will stay in Toronto for a week and return back to india. Tickets has been booked with Lufthansa. They have transit in Frankfurt airport during onward and return trip. Once we land in Toronto the immigration officer strikes the visa in our passport with a pen since it is a one time entry visa. I need some help on the following questions

1. During the return trip whether a Airport transit visa is required in Frankfurt?
2. Is the expired/used visa will be fine for the travel?
3. Has any one travelled via Frankfurt recently after short landing?
4. Do the airport authorities in Frankfurt airport check for a visa while we return to india which is our origin country and final destination?

Please help me out. Thanks in advance. Have a good day.
1. Schengen transit visa is not required if its a single stop flight
2. from Toronto - Bombay yes. wont be valid for next trip to Toronto. would need PR card/travel doc.
3. brussels. same rules apply
4. if changing terminals or passing border control they do check. if within the same terminal, immigration is not required, only security check.

Reactions: ELARISH

ELARISH

Dec 16, 2015
1. Schengen transit visa is not required if its a single stop flight
2. from Toronto - Bombay yes. wont be valid for next trip to Toronto. would need PR card/travel doc.
3. brussels. same rules apply
4. if changing terminals or passing border control they do check. if within the same terminal, immigration is not required, only security check.
Thanks alot for your reply.

ind.can

Feb 17, 2018
Hi all,

I did my soft landing in June 2019 and returned to India within 3 days. Received my pr card also in June at an uncle's address who lives in Toronto. He sent it to me in December. Now i am in possession of the card.

Now, i plan to finally move to Canada in July/August 2020. Which is around 13-14 months post the issuance of the PR Card.

My question: will I need a PRTD, or will the PR card suffice?

despacito2017

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Hi all,

I did my soft landing in June 2019 and returned to India within 3 days. Received my pr card also in June at an uncle's address who lives in Toronto. He sent it to me in December. Now i am in possession of the card.

Now, i plan to finally move to Canada in July/August 2020. Which is around 13-14 months post the issuance of the PR Card.

The PR card should suffice

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

No need for PRTD. PRTD is only needed if you don’t have a PR card.